Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Hello to all of you....
From Frankenmuth MI., Home of the largest Christmas store in the world. A few football fields long, and yes they have parrot ornaments for Christmas trees.
I'm new to the parrot site forums, so I joined per request of my 4 birds. Well 15 actually, if you count the chickens. Have a 7 year old Blue-Fronted Amazon (poppy) a rescue parrot. A very lovely girl she is. And has a vocabulary of a dictionary and understanding and emotional level of an 8 year old child. It's amazing and bet she can out do Einstein, the African parrot that was very well trained. She sings Deck the halls Christmas song, and loves going for rides in the truck.
There's Greyson, my 19 month old Timneh African Grey, lovely boy, he's quite the character and had him since birth. Quite the talker as well, "whacha doing Boo Boo," is his favorite saying and has learned that he can change the tone of it where it's even funnier, "What YOU doing Boo Booooooooooooo" ....Of course he has learned, Probably threw the grape vine, how to make passing wind noises....( Wasn't me I swear) Then laughs up a strom and gets the rest laughing, like a comedy club here.
And of course there's Birdell, my 2 year old Senegal, whom flies to my shoulder, rolls over on her back hanging on with one leg and says "HI" very hilarious when she dose this, and is quite a dancer, has taught my grey to dance now....While poppie sings. The have Julius, a red factor canary. A funny thing the other day, the Senegal flew over to the canary cage and opened the door and climbed inside. I spent hours looking for her, last place I looked, in the canary cage. Just sitting there being her sweet self. ( thinking A LITTLE HELP HERE PLEASE, I CAN"T GET OUT ) Oh last but least, had a Red-tailed hawk, sadly I had to turn it loose. But was happy to have saved it, and bonded with it, it would have died other wise.

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm from the"Mitten" state too, Roseville is where I live. You got quite the flock with many talents..

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Hey hawk, another M-gander here:) I haven't been to frankenmuth in about a decade, I miss it! The shopping! The food! Love to see pics of your flock, and the hawk you lived with you.

CFellows

Nov 12, 2014
Paisley, Oregon
Parrots
5 year old, Male Sun Conure named Sunny & 20+ year old, Male Blue Front Amazon named Sammy
Hello and welcome to the forum :) Sounds like you have some very nice birds. I really like the idea of your amazon, because we just rescued Sammy, a 20+ year old blue front amazon. I always love hearing stories of these rescued birds turning out like your poppy has with the right care. It gives me so much hope for our Sammy.

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you have some amazing parrots for roommates! Would love to see some pics of them (hint hint)

I also have a rescue zon. Zilla doesn't say many "human" words but her love knows no bounds!

DoodlesMom

Nov 25, 2014
Phoenix,Arizona
Parrots
GCC >Doodle
Welcome to the"Family" I'm quite new myself and everyone here are awesome.

Sounds as if you DO have a comedy club! Looking forward to pix.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! I would also love to see pictures of your wonderful flock, and wow, that Christmas store sounds amazing!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi there, welcome to you and your very talented flock! I would love to see photos of your darlings.

OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm from the"Mitten" state too, Roseville is where I live. You got quite the flock with many talents..

Thanks,
I found that you can't just have one. I find time to volunteer a an exotic bird store to help break the parrots and get them used to people. I have a knack for birds as I have had many very exotic and wild pets. Raised 2 hawks, one vulture, one Owl, one Canadian goose. All of whom been injured and nursed to health. it's amazing that a totally wild animal is capable of bonding with a human. But it's not for the faint of heart, you do get bitten and extremely hard but you have to learn to except it and not back away. It shows your in control but giving them their space. Every one of those wild birds bonded with me. The hardest one??? The Canadian goose believe it or not. Yes I know Roseville, I spend Time at flecthers pond, photographing Eagles and ospreys.

My Amazon is very talented, has an amazing vocabulary and understanding of words. Here is picture of flock.

Last edited:
OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
Thanks everyone for the replies

Hi everyone, from Hawk over here in Frankenmuth, MI.

Many of you asked about my flock and requested pictures of the flock, so, here they are.

Last edited:
OP
Hawk

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
Hi there, welcome to you and your very talented flock! I would love to see photos of your darlings.

Hey hawk, another M-gander here:) I haven't been to frankenmuth in about a decade, I miss it! The shopping! The food! Love to see pics of your flock, and the hawk you lived with you.

It's been mental in this town, 80,000 people visited the Christmas store this past weekend alone. A lot of people for a town this size of what, 4000 maybe 4300 people.

I'll have to scan the photo's of the hawk, and other wild birds I've had, as many of the photo's are on a CD. It was fun, but a hawk can take a chunk out of ya. :green2:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi Hawk! You have a very interesting background with birds, and obviously have a way with them. I'd love to see the vulture if you took any pics of it. Beautiful parrots you have. Welcome to the forum :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts