Hello from Georgia!

Goosamus

Apr 19, 2021
Hi,
Thanks for the add. I live in Marietta Ga. I grew up overseas & have been an animal lover my entire life. I am a registered vet tech. I own a dog daycare, boarding & Petsitting business. I also do lots of dog rescue work.
We have dachshunds & a Golden Retriever service dog. Our dogs are used to having a large bird around. Last bird was a M2 that I received from a client that succumbed to Teflon poisoning from an air fryer from the original owner’s house.
I boarded the bird on & off for over 8 years & when it was finally going to officially be mine...their goodbye ended up bring my goodbye to Coco as well.

I have grown up with different kinds of birds. Have had, mynahs, IRN, Amazon, Budgies, conures, U2 & M2.
I am looking either for a M2 or a macaw. I am so fed up of scam. I’m ideally looking for a private adoption or a rescue that actually will let you rescue. I have vet & personal references.

Hopefully, the hive mind will give me some much needed guidance & help.

Thanks for reading the long post!
All the best,
Biya

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome glas you joined!
I hooe your parrot finds its way to you soon

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, Biya! There are indeed endless scams, hopefully you can network and find your ideal companion from a rescue.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
welcome! Do you still have your others?

OP
G

Goosamus

Apr 19, 2021
No, most of my bird experience was overseas with birds in my youth. Most of the houses we had , already had outdoor aviaries & I was that child that brought everything indoors, much to the chagrin of my mother.

All other experience has been petsitting( some very long term) birds until I had “joint” custody of my M2 Coco.

My house I’d so quiet without the chatter of a bird for the first time in a long time.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Welcome! For some reason, this is saying my "new to birds" post is too long, so I really hope you will read my reply to another poster (in which what I had to say was not cut off by the character limit lol!)

I apologize for the length, but there is just SOOOOOOOO MUUUCHHHHH that breeders and pet store owners do not mention (especially when it comes to health). Here you go--- see my reply to OP

New Member and IRN owners

^that's the link

Most Reactions