Hello to all

philipw1084

Mar 4, 2021
Hello! just joined now that I have a new sun conure friend in the family. His name is Mikey and so far he's wonderful. I had a grey cockatiel when I was much younger (and may still get another one!). Just got Mikey in October and enjoying every day. Thought it would be good to join and absorb all the great advice here from fellow bird lovers.:orange:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
welcome and congratulations!

Because of my recent sick birds. I share with everyone, to weigh your bird weekly. A kitchen scale set to grams works great.
More than a 3% weight-loss make an appointment with a vet.

Often weight-loss is the first , and can be the only sign your bird is sick. They have evolved to hide being sick, and they will even fake eating. So catching issues early leads to life saving. When a bird shows any symptoms of being sick, its life threatening abd should be taken to a vet right away.

Ok sorry to harp on that, but it is sooo important.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Mikey, thanks for joining! You'll find plenty of company and advice, conures represent a huge proportion of our members!

Most Reactions

Latest posts