Hello to all!

Mimitotwo

Apr 18, 2021
Phelps, NY
Parrots
Indy a green cheek conure age 5
Thank you for allowing me to become a member! I adopted my GCC, Indy, from a rescue a little over a week ago. He lost his mate almost 2 years ago and didn't received the best care. He has a horrible plucking issue, but is a little lover. He is scheduled to see an avian veterinarian on Thursday to make sure he doesn't have an underlining condition causing his plucking. I'm hoping with a good diet and positive attention, he will have a long and happy life. I feel he is grateful to be in a better environment and has someone to care for him. I look forward to learning as much as I can from this forum!:gcc:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Hello and welcome! This place is super helpful---I feel like we all learn new stuff daily because there are some many contributors.

Is this your first parrot?

ILOVEKIWI

Dec 15, 2020
somewhere you'll never find me
Parrots
Kiwi GCC
Welcome to the forum :)
Aww I'm sorry about Indy. He sounds adorable though :eek:
Remember pictures are always welcome;)
I'm glad your giving Indy the best life and hopefully everything goes smoothly at the vet :gcc:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome!!!! Congratulations on Indy!! You are a wonderful person to take on a rescue and especially to see the inner beauty!! Thank you!!

Nearly all of my birds are rescue or re homed parrots. Of the two I bought from pet stores one girl I consider a rescue ( very expensive ) as she was a screaming mess, and about to be sent back to cooperate.

I wish everyone could take in a rescue or re home.

Welcome home Indy, may you have a long , happy, healthy life, full of love!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to Parrotforum!

A wonderful place to learn and participate in helping others!

So very wise of you to start early with an Avian Professional! You will find that developing a strong medical history will be helpful over your long life together.

Again Welcome!

Most Reactions