Hello

WesselG

Jan 10, 2014
South Africa
Parrots
6 Indian Ringnecks
Hi everyone.

I'm Wessel Gordon from South Africa.

I own 5 Indian Ringnecks: Jorsie (blue adult female), Silver (silver adult male and Jorsie's long suffering companion), Ringkop (gray adult male - "Ringkop" for those of you unfamiliar with the term it is the Afrikaans name for a Zulu elder), an unnamed gray female and an unnamed white/silver un-sexed bird of about 3 months old.

I will try and get pictures of them but since I'm not a good photographer I'm not making any promises.

Hoping to hear from everyone soon.

Wessel

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Welcome Wessel! Sounds like you have a very nice flock. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

OP
W

WesselG

Jan 10, 2014
South Africa
Parrots
6 Indian Ringnecks
Thanks, theKarens

I will try and get pictures of all of them. I still have to decide on names for two of the birds so maybe if I post pictures of them other people might come up with some suggestions.

I am also hoping that once I post a pic of my youngest bird that an experienced person could identify the mutation for me since it's the first time I've ever seen it.

The "baby" is white/silver on the body with what looks like "brown" on her primary flight feathers. The mother of the bird was white and the father lutino (yellow) but my bird has red eyes which makes me think she might be an albino. Any suggestions from experienced breeders?

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
If you don't get an answer here you might try indianringneck.com There are a lot of experienced breeders there.

OP
W

WesselG

Jan 10, 2014
South Africa
Parrots
6 Indian Ringnecks
thekarens,

Thanks for the tip about indianringneck.com about the chick.

According to them he/she is Cinnamon Grey Pallidino or "grey pallid
possibly + INO.

Regards,

Wessel

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hi Wessel! So glad to have you here:) Looking forward to seeing all your flock!

OP
W

WesselG

Jan 10, 2014
South Africa
Parrots
6 Indian Ringnecks
Hi Antoinette

I'm in Petrusburg, a very, very small town between Kimberley and Bloemfontein.

Most Reactions

Latest posts