Help! Budgie feet problem

Griffith Ackerman

Dec 11, 2023
Parrots
2 budgies
Recently my 2 years old male budgie Levi has gotten these orange sticky sore-looking things on his feet.
I noticed it around 5 days ago, I thought he stepped in honey while walking around the kitchen.
Yesterday I noticed that it looks like an infection. It is also swollen. This is how his feet looked yesterday:
IMG_9426.jpg
IMG_9435.jpg

I asked two vets online, one of them said it looked like fungal infection, told me to apply ketoconazole cream for a week, another one said it looks like pigeon pox, I ordered the medicine for pigeon pox, it will arrive here tomorrow. So I just applied some ketoconazole cream on his feet yesterday.

Right now, after applying the cream for 12+ hours, it doesn't seem to be better, the orange blob developed on his other foot as well :
IMG_9452.jpg
IMG_9451.jpg

Feet aside, Levi looks normal, he's energized as usual, though he tends to stand on one feet & takes turns. And he tends to hide his foot inside of his feathers like in this pic (I took it yesterday):
IMG_9429.jpg

He lives with another male budgie (Griffith), Griffith's feet look normal and he acts as usual.

Could it be pigeon pox? I'm really worried, seems like it can be deadly to birds.

Avian vets are uncommon here. I can only rely on the internet. Anyone help my bird please!

OP
G

Griffith Ackerman

Dec 11, 2023
Parrots
2 budgies
I also googled about bumble foot, doesn't seem like it. Bumble foot tend to be black and dry, while Levi's foot look swollen, orange and sticky. Though it got dried in the air later.

Most Reactions

Latest posts