HELP IDK WHAT DO DO ANYMORE!!

BobbyBird

Feb 9, 2024
Parrots
Bobby
I have had Bobby for years, but recently my mom has started giving him CAFFINATED TEA!! itā€™s so crazy she drinks it with Bfast and whenever he flies to her she gives him a sip. I have tried stopping her, explain that itā€™s bad for him, she is stubborn as a goat and she wonā€™t listen. She says ā€œ he will be fineā€. ITS DO CRAZY SHE HASNT EVEN READ OR DONE ANYBOF HER OWN RESEARCH. Plus itā€™s common sense that caffeine is bad for birds. Someone tell me what to do

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Oh, Iā€™m so sorry to hear of this!

Itā€™s tough having birds and living with family members that wonā€™t listen to advice.
Could you perhaps show your mom the research youā€™ve done? Maybe send her a link to a site that explains why caffeine is dangerous for parrots to consume?

Iā€™d say a sip is fine but her making it a daily thing is not a good idea. Iā€™ve had my birds snag a drink of caffeinated tea before, and they were fine, but that was a one time thing.

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey

Itā€™s tough having birds and living with family members that wonā€™t listen to advice.
Could you perhaps show your mom the research youā€™ve done? Maybe send her a link to a site that explains why caffeine is dangerous for parrots to consume?

Iā€™d say a sip is fine but her making it a daily thing is not a good idea. Iā€™ve had my birds snag a drink of caffeinated tea before, and they were fine, but that was a one time thing.
Have the bird in his cage when she is drinking

OP
BobbyBird

BobbyBird

Feb 9, 2024
Parrots
Bobby

Iā€™ll try..

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Good ideas above...
Gee, that caffeine is not good, nope.
Well, you could always take a page from my book and... cry, scream, gasp, croak...
Kidding, sorta.

Apr 25, 2024
How insensitive of your mom....that is crazy!! She needs to research and show her yours. Though it should be common sense for your Mom.

EllieTheConure

May 9, 2024
Parrots
1 Cinnamon Green Cheek Conure
I would honestly take the bird and go to another room with it and do something else-

Birdie health is important

Maybe you should send Her some articles explaining the dangers of caffeine and parrots

OP
BobbyBird

BobbyBird

Feb 9, 2024
Parrots
Bobby
Also, Is homemade herbal tea fine? Or uncaffinated chemomile. Cuz Bobby has grown a liking for tea.ā˜•ļøšŸ„ƒšŸ’€šŸ’€šŸ˜­šŸ¦œšŸ¦œšŸ¦œšŸ¦œšŸ¦œšŸ¦œšŸ¦œ

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Me, I am the sneaky one. Switch the tea in the containers to a decaffeinated one.

Most Reactions

Latest posts