Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Cricket's going to like her new house. The door opens forward to make a ramp and all those horizontal bars will make it easy to climb around. Happy Birthday! You know someone's a great bird mama when birthday money is spent on birds.
She is absolutely gonna love it! It’s almost the same dimensions as her old one if it were on its side!

Thank you so much! The rest of it is mostly going to my birds (ofc) and whatever is left will be spent on snacks that will inevitably be stolen right from my hands by you know who…

A9CA7326-A149-4BE3-AF16-88727D483DC7.jpeg
E9059535-8751-4470-BB07-C4FB3A74ED53.jpeg
F40B5673-A805-45C0-8B2D-3B497DF69B39.jpeg

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Nice!! I really like the Prevue brand. All of Ona’s cages are Prevue and they’ve been great.

Eh…. You’re right that first cage pictured is uh…. Huh. :ROFLMAO: Why did they make it such a weird shape?!

The one you got looks nice! That’s actually very similar to Ona’s sleep cage and it’s been a great cage.
Yesss I love the prevue brand too! I just HATE the high prices for their bigger cages. But I do admit, the quality is certainly worth it for some cages!

Yeah, it’s um… it’s something! I dunno who designed it or why, but they need their design license revoked and a fine for that because WHAT is that??

And this one isn’t ugly but it’s just… annoying to look at.
7C5CE3BC-9E44-4007-B7FE-FA3F97D79C68.jpeg

Like, why? Was this specifically designed to make people mad? Because if so, it’s working well on me.

Yeah, I like how it looks! I hope cricket likes it! It should be here the day after Rico’s hatchday, and the perches and nutriberries we ordered should be here on his hatchday. Rico likes vegetables, so why not try veggieberries? The spiceberries are crazy with shipping atm so we opted out of those.

Hopefully Rico and Cricket enjoy their things!

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
cricket’s cage gets here tomorrow! Thanks for all the help here everyone! Because the advice I received here from all of you, cricket will now have a bigger, better cage! Thank you all!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
cricket’s cage gets here tomorrow! Thanks for all the help here everyone! Because the advice I received here from all of you, cricket will now have a bigger, better cage! Thank you all!
You should have Rico and Cricket write messages to Pawpaw in China. He wants to make friends with our birds. Rocky and Ona are his friends now.
I introduced Rocky to Beau, one of my tame male budgies, outside their cages and they got along great. Beau was hand fed by the girl I got Rocky mama Lilibelle from. I can't keep Rocky and Beau in the same cage because Rocky is sexually mature and I DON'T WANT MORE BABY BIRDS!

Attachments

• 20230628_101648~2.jpg
    20230628_101648~2.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 16

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
You should have Rico and Cricket write messages to Pawpaw in China. He wants to make friends with our birds. Rocky and Ona are his friends now.
I introduced Rocky to Beau, one of my tame male budgies, outside their cages and they got along great. Beau was hand fed by the girl I got Rocky mama Lilibelle from. I can't keep Rocky and Beau in the same cage because Rocky is sexually mature and I DON'T WANT MORE BABY BIRDS!
What's interesting is that Beau, a male, doesn't nibble/bite or chew on amything at all but Rocky nibbles/bites and chews everything! I know Rocky isn't being aggressive or fearful when she bites. It's typical female budgie instinct to beak everything. Not all girl budgies have this instinct as strongly as Rocky does but I've never had a tame male budgie that nibbled/bit and chewed things like a sexually mature hormonal female tame budgie does. I emphasize "tame" because it's not fair to compare fear biting with untamed budgies with tame budgie behavior. I'm not maligning female budgies. I love Rocky, despute her strong chewing instincts, just the way she is. She's very bonded to me and my husband- we just have to wear hoodies when she sits on our heads and shoulders. Thats Beau on the right. Its a love connection for sure!
20230628_101648~2.jpg

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I’m sorry, but who’s pawpaw? I’m super confused about your messages.
What's interesting is that Beau, a male, doesn't nibble/bite or chew on amything at all but Rocky nibbles/bites and chews everything! I know Rocky isn't being aggressive or fearful when she bites. It's typical female budgie instinct to beak everything. Not all girl budgies have this instinct as strongly as Rocky does but I've never had a tame male budgie that nibbled/bit and chewed things like a sexually mature hormonal female tame budgie does. I emphasize "tame" because it's not fair to compare fear biting with untamed budgies with tame budgie behavior. I'm not maligning female budgies. I love Rocky, despute her strong chewing instincts, just the way she is. She's very bonded to me and my husband- we just have to wear hoodies when she sits on our heads and shoulders. Thats Beau on the right. Its a love connection for sure!View attachment 52162

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Cricket’s cage is here and it looks WAY better than I expected! It’s like a blood red color instead of a bright red like I was expecting, so yay! It’s so spacey and wide and nice! So far, cricket is settling into it, but she hasn’t moved much aside from going onto the swing. Rico also tested it and he doesn’t like it (new thing = scary), but cricket looks so small in it!
D77B5697-94C8-47E0-BFFA-36E07C60490B.jpeg
D3EBAE25-9907-4E9A-84B8-6B07FFEABB03.jpeg
B4CBB53C-6D4B-47E7-A190-7F2E2B975FAA.jpeg
7287AC8E-CC43-442B-8D94-9ECD6145AF91.jpeg
DC5DD05E-AE0D-40C4-B82A-32CB4CECD447.jpeg
EA5F9828-5F5E-43BD-B6B3-44B2877900E4.jpeg
90D78BA2-C4FC-4F58-A8BF-D1611E5FB694.jpeg
F2E3FC12-B42E-4BF8-901D-1DD817203987.jpeg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Cricket’s cage is here and it looks WAY better than I expected! It’s like a blood red color instead of a bright red like I was expecting, so yay! It’s so spacey and wide and nice! So far, cricket is settling into it, but she hasn’t moved much aside from going onto the swing. Rico also tested it and he doesn’t like it (new thing = scary), but cricket looks so small in it!View attachment 52175View attachment 52176View attachment 52177View attachment 52178View attachment 52180View attachment 52179View attachment 52181View attachment 52182
She looks great in it!
Pawpaw is a baby sun conure in China who was just adopted. Look at Pawpaws thread. All the birds are introducing themselves to baby Pawpaw!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
She looks great in it!
Pawpaw is a baby sun conure in China who was just adopted. Look at Pawpaws thread. All the birds are introducing themselves to baby Pawpaw!
Cricket's cage is so well designed for a budgie with the horizontal bars, drop down door and wide dimension.

OP
Rico_Tiel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
She looks great in it!
Cricket's cage is so well designed for a budgie with the horizontal bars, drop down door and wide dimension.
Ohhhh okay! I’ll see if I can find their thread!

I have to agree! And it looks nice, functions well, and has some features that cricket likes (like the top drop down platform door and the horizontal bars). But good god was putting it together a nightmare. The roof took a lot of struggling to get it on, and the slide out tray got stuck in the base and I had to use my scrawny ahh arms to force it out without damaging it. Once those were worked out, it was easy enough to assemble. But thank god I won’t have to do that for a while. I really love the space it has and I think cricket likes it too!

Most Reactions

Latest posts