Help with foot problems

JMMcC91

Apr 2, 2015
Hi all, I have purchased two indian ringnecks a couple of months ago. But a few weeks ago now one of my boys became very sick we took him to the vet and they told us they believed they had a bacterial lung infection and gave us antibiotics and said there was nothing else they could do for them. We gave them the antibiotics and for a couple of days they did start to appear like they were getting better. But then one of the birds feet started to swell and turn a dark purple colour we have tried everything we can think of and everything we could find on the internet but they still haven't got any better only worse he is now unable to close his feet and they almost look like his toes are starting to die. We have washed there feet in salty water a couple of times a day and applied different antiseptic creams that we have got from the pet stores and applied alovera to his feet to try and help fight and kill the infection. It has been about 2 weeks now and his feet have got no better we have taken him back to the only vet in town and they have again said that there is nothing they can do for him. If anyone has had or seen this problem before please help us as we don't know what else we can do for him. I will attach a couple of photos of his feet to this thread. Please please anyone help us we don't want our bird to die he is a great bird and super friendly such a little fighter to have made it this far.[/ATTACH]

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome to the forums!

If you could share you location with us, some of our members might be able to set you up with a reputable Avian vet.

The foot looks to be in pretty bad shape :(

OP
J

JMMcC91

Apr 2, 2015
I'm in Queensland Australia there's only the one vet in the town I live in though

Most Reactions