Help!!

Wintergreen

Sep 3, 2021
Parrots
I have five parrots I have one cockteil named winter two conures a green cheek named Envy and a sunconure named henry I so two budgies a green and yellow named sunshine and a blue and white named Kai
Okay so my cockatiels bowie and winter are the proud parents of some little eggs and I need to relocate them to a new cage will they abandon the nest or will it be okay I need help.

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
Hi, this is a good question.
I would be concerned too. Since abandoned eggs would means little babies may never Hatch out. I have personally seen a lovebird abandoning her egg after laying it a few days without reason.

Is this their first time?
Do you want their babies?
If not, moving their cage wouldn't matter.
The parents will move on.

But if you do want the babies, would it be possible to not move them? They need to relax and not be surprised to any change right now.

OP
Wintergreen

Wintergreen

Sep 3, 2021
Parrots
I have five parrots I have one cockteil named winter two conures a green cheek named Envy and a sunconure named henry I so two budgies a green and yellow named sunshine and a blue and white named Kai
Hi, this is a good question.
I would be concerned too. Since abandoned eggs would means little babies may never Hatch out. I have personally seen a lovebird abandoning her egg after laying it a few days without reason.

Is this their first time?
Do you want their babies?
If not, moving their cage wouldn't matter.
The parents will move on.

But if you do want the babies, would it be possible to not move them? They need to relax and not be surprised to any change right now.
I figured out a way to keep them in their cage. Do you have any advice to help them hatch out their babies. They have laid on the floor of the cage what should I do?

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
Show us a picture of them, as it is very adorable and someone might come up with other useful stuff.

Q:Would they like a supply of nesting materials? This long read has a section devoted to Egg laying and nesting materials. It also explains about handling of egg that was on the cage floor, heater etc.

Q: how is the egg shell? Do they like calcium supplement such as cuttlebone?

Q: are you preparing to hand feed the new babies....if there are too many of them?

Thread 'New babies' https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/new-babies.91359/

isasbirds

Nov 14, 2022
Parrots
3 Cockatiels (Olive, Chomp and Geralda
I have a similar problem. My female cockatiel, Geralda, laid 3 fertile eggs with her partner on the floor. We were worried about the heat level so we moved them into a bird box. She is very stressed and can’t seem to find them. Will she abandon the eggs?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I have a similar problem. My female cockatiel, Geralda, laid 3 fertile eggs with her partner on the floor. We were worried about the heat level so we moved them into a bird box. She is very stressed and can’t seem to find them. Will she abandon the eggs?
She may abandon the eggs. She probably doesn’t quite understand what happened.

Do you WANT baby birds? I had a pair of cockatiels together for years without babies, just by not having a nest box available.

Most Reactions

Latest posts