He's here!!!!

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i just got home with my baby about a half hour ago!!! i found out its a boy!! iv been wating for this since august. he is finally here!!!!!!! he is settling in well so far. but its only been a half hour. soo.....yeah. he doesnt have a name yet but i thought i should share this with everyone!! ill post his name when he gets one :D, :D :D :green2:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
congrats on your new baby quaker. what color is he I don,t remember if you said before. I bet your feet aren't even touching the floor as you walk. HAHA I remember how excited I was when we got sweetie pie. It has been a long wait for you. Can't wait for pictures once he settles in. So happy for you:D

OP
mrgoogls

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
thanks guys. ill try to get pics up in a few days. but my phone is acting kinda weird so i dont know exactly when.

i started training about 3 hours after i got him. we had about a 20 min sesson. and....he has almost mastered the "step up" command. he still needs a bit of practice but he is great. n 20 and already almost learned it! fast learner i guess :)

PS: it is a quaker...thats why this is in the quaker section XD lol

OP
mrgoogls

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
hey guys. he is still settling in well. he is even better with step up. the only time he doesnt listen is when he is in his cage. but back to the reason for tis post, what do you think of the name "Cooper"? i like it and when i said it to my bird he starting chirping...so i think he likes it? lol

OP
mrgoogls

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
lol. i like to too. im not 100% sure. but i think thats what itl be. ill let you know when i decide for sure. talk to you later!

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
I think he likes it. Congrats! Your Quaker is so smart it took my pepsi a whole MONTH to get the step up command. I like the name cooper.

OP
mrgoogls

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
lol. thanks. he says thanks to....if thats what all his chattering means. lol. and like i said, not 100% sure, but i THINK ill go with cooper.

i think he is pretty comfortable in his new home. today he is MUCH more noisy. starting at around 4 he started notstop quiet chattering and it still going now. and every once in a while(between 5 min and a half hour.) he makes a few loud chirps. and right now he is net to me and when i pet him he purs. lol. is all this noise good? i know quakers are noisy but does him being noise mean he is comfortable?

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
lol. thanks. he says thanks to....if thats what all his chattering means. lol. and like i said, not 100% sure, but i THINK ill go with cooper.

i think he is pretty comfortable in his new home. today he is MUCH more noisy. starting at around 4 he started notstop quiet chattering and it still going now. and every once in a while(between 5 min and a half hour.) he makes a few loud chirps. and right now he is net to me and when i pet him he purs. lol. is all this noise good? i know quakers are noisy but does him being noise mean he is comfortable?
Oh yeah, he's comfy. Oliver was dead quiet for a day or two, then he went on being loud. :31: So I would say he's a bit settled with you. :D Aww, I love the name Cooper. :10:

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
Lovebird~Precious, Sennie~Snoopy,Hahns Macaw~Fiona
Congrads on your baby! Quakers are a real gem. You can have your amazon or grey just give me a Quaker any day! Bird Talk has them listed as the 3rd best talking bird! They are super smart and have very engaging personality. Peace.

OP
mrgoogls

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
thanks guys. im still so excited. i also think he is comfy. he is much more vocal. and i think he has a good bond with me(for only being here a few days). beacse everytim ei leave the room he calls out. and they do that to try to locate their flock. so if i dont take him with me, i whisle to him from the other room to let him know im there. and before i leave i tell him "be right back" so he knows when i say that i will come back soon. he is so smart!

OP
mrgoogls

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
his name is now cooper! he is now officailly a family member now that he has a name! so i guess , "welcome cooper!!"

OP
mrgoogls

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
hey guys. just posting a bit of an update. he has mastered step up and started to learn wave in only 3 trining sessions. when i told my finger up and say wave he puts his foot on my finger. now i just need to get my finger out. lol. it also sounds like he is starting to mumble "hello". i could just be excited and hearing things but it sounds like it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts