Hi there from Winston Salem, NC!

kristina7799

Oct 13, 2021
North Carolina
Parrots
Budgies: Joey and Chandler
Hi, everyone! New here ;)

I'm Kristina and I join the forum with the adorable Joey and Chandler! I grew up with birds and it only took till I was in my mid forties to decide to get birds of my own haha. I'm enjoying the budgies and planning to add a GCC to our flock in the spring. Hope to get to know some folks here!
D4B5D1CD-2927-45A3-BACA-8B4E947853AF_1_105_c.jpeg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Look at your beautiful little fids!!
Don't be shy at all, jump in and share your thoughts or support on any threads.

I have MBS ( multiple bird syndrome) mostly cause I take on ones in need. So I have A GCC and 3 rescue budgies as well as rescue quakers.

My GCC does get along with budgies. But she has bitten off toes ....I share to spare you this. This 99% of time happened when they landed on her cage and I tried different stuff. What worked best is I placed a sheet of acrylic , from home improvement store, across the top of her cage. I prefer flat top cages so it was a perfect fit, let's light in and easy to clean. When I tried before using towels or some fabric cover she could still get their toes or it would slip. Now toes are safe!!!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome Kristina, Joey and Chandler appear so well bonded! Loving your POTM entry!!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Welcome! I know I'm late, sorry, but your budgies are adorable and it's great to have you aboard!

OP
kristina7799

kristina7799

Oct 13, 2021
North Carolina
Parrots
Budgies: Joey and Chandler
Thank you all for the warm welcome! It's been a minute since I've been on regular, old school forums vs. FB groups, so I'm still training myself to make this part of my surfing/daily checkin habit! haha! Can't wait to get to know everyone! Some of my greatest friendships have been founded on forums. Have a great day!

Most Reactions