Holiday advice

Keatz

Jan 5, 2016
Australia
Parrots
Oscar (eclectus)
Basil (Amazon)
Hi, I'm going away for two weeks over the holiday period. I have an eclectus parrot and an Amazon parrot, and unfortunately, I cannot take both birds with me, as both their cages will not fit in my car. My parents have offered to have my Amazon parrot. He's stayed with them before, but at the most, he's only stayed three nights, and since he won't be allowed out of his cage, I'm worried about the effect it might have on him. It's a large cage decked out with toys and swings, but he's never spent that long in it before. When he's home, he's out of his cage, except to sleep in or for when I'm not home.
I was wondering what other members' thoughts on it are? Does anyone think he'll be fine or will he get depressed and bored? Thanks.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Literally explain to him that you are going away for 2 weeks but will be back soon, SHow him with something what 14 is , golf balls spoons anything. They do understand. If I am away for a few days and dont explain to Salty he is very angry when I return. I used to go to CHina for business for 2-3 weeks at a time, so I know what I am talking about.

OP
Keatz

Keatz

Jan 5, 2016
Australia
Parrots
Oscar (eclectus)
Basil (Amazon)
Literally explain to him that you are going away for 2 weeks but will be back soon, SHow him with something what 14 is , golf balls spoons anything. They do understand. If I am away for a few days and dont explain to Salty he is very angry when I return. I used to go to CHina for business for 2-3 weeks at a time, so I know what I am talking about.
Thank you for sharing that with me. It makes me feel better. I'll be sure to explain things to him.

Most Reactions

Latest posts