Hormonal without biting?

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
Hi all. So I think Missy is hormonal, her first "that time of the month" type thing. Thing is, she's become super gushy to me and super bitch sister to Gracie - who I think is about 4 weeks behind Missy... in age. Gulp.
Isn't it a sign they are hormonal, when they bite coz I'm not getting that at all.
Firstly she always wants me to stroke her head - I only ever will do they head and NOT the rest of the body as I don't want her to go thru egg binding. Secondly she is wanting to "nest"? in my cardigan.... while I am wearing it.... which means she goes inside it... like down my sleeve....
Thirdly, she appears to want to mate with my red backed mobile phone... Now she's always been a social media influencer wannabe from the get go, and has always gone all gooey when my phone is being used to take photos of her and Gracie, but now she does the whole duck down, bum up, wings quivering thing. And it's not like I use my phone all the time... in fact I use it rarely, days, sometimes a week before using it so I don't know where or why she has this love for it - unless it's the whole wannabe a poser thing.
It's still winter here. Cold, wet, windy, winter. Okay Spring starts in a month but, well she never has followed the IRN rule book so...
How long does it last for, this weird behaviour?
Heaven help me when Gracie starts.... they already fight too much.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Red phone and red beak. She’s going to like the color red as it has signaling importance to IRNs. And I’d keep her out of my cardigan. Not only does she have a nest but you’re in it!

Most Reactions

Latest posts