How do i keep albie warm and comfortable this winter ?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Itā€™s out of stock but would be nice especially for birds with foot or leg problems or old birds with arthritis.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I have just bought one of these and it has just arrived. It is currently sitting where Syd can see it and investigate if/when the mood takes him. It is plugged in so I can see how warm it gets. The Snuggleup is still in his sleep cage but this one will go in the day cage where I can see his response. At a third of the price of the other one although Chinese made, I am hoping for useful results.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0BFQVXVVH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
That looks amazing ! Im.gonna have to try and persuade hubby to let me get this for albie .

He absolutely loves his heater in his sleep cage , to the point he will wake us up to talk to him in the morninb , but he refuses to come out and leave the warmth .

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
That looks amazing ! Im.gonna have to try and persuade hubby to let me get this for albie .

He absolutely loves his heater in his sleep cage , to the point he will wake us up to talk to him in the morninb , but he refuses to come out and leave the warmth .
LOL for the first time this morning when I uncovered Syd's sleep cage he was up on the top perch snuggled up! I felt jubilant to have the proof that he uses it. I put the new platform in his day cage last night so that it was in place when he arrived. I had put a couple of sunflower seeds on it to entice him nearer. It has taken him 4 hours (while in and out as usual) to negotiate a method of getting the seeds without going on the platform and now he just skirts around it. Goodness knows how he'll react when I turn it on and it gets warm!
Patience is once again the name of the game.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
LOL for the first time this morning when I uncovered Syd's sleep cage he was up on the top perch snuggled up! I felt jubilant to have the proof that he uses it. I put the new platform in his day cage last night so that it was in place when he arrived. I had put a couple of sunflower seeds on it to entice him nearer. It has taken him 4 hours (while in and out as usual) to negotiate a method of getting the seeds without going on the platform and now he just skirts around it. Goodness knows how he'll react when I turn it on and it gets warm!
Patience is once again the name of the game.
Thats exactly how i felt when i saw Albie snuggled up to his one .

Syd might be like Albie and enjoy the warmth so much , you wont be able to get him off it !

Most Reactions

Latest posts