HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Hello forum friends!
Iā€™ve been thinking the past few weeks that I need to look into worming my flock. Is this something that should be done twice yearly? Iā€™m still learning with my birdos so excuse my ignorance.
How would I go about treating my boys as they are not tame? Whatā€™s the best product(s) to buy in Aus?
Thank you :)

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
Thereā€™s 2 main products I use.

Coopers Panacur 25 - 2ml/ litre for 24hrs. Treat mainly worms. Can be bought from most rural stores

Moxidectin Plus - 5ml/ Litre for 24hrs, make sure itā€™s not in direct sunlight in the aviary water dish as evaporation can dilute it too much. Treats worms, air sac mite, others mites too. Can be bought online from websites such as Gecko Dan

Both of these products is given in the drinking water which is the best way by far. I generally worm and treat my birds 2-3 times a year but I also worm after any periods of rain because parasites love dampness and humidity

These two wormers taste terrible I must add, what I do to make sure the birds get a good drink of it is take any forms of moisture and the water dishes out of the aviaries around 4:30pm the day before, and then straight up the next morning you give them the worming water and because theyā€™ll be thirsty they take a big drink before realising the taste

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Thereā€™s 2 main products I use.

Coopers Panacur 25 - 2ml/ litre for 24hrs. Treat mainly worms. Can be bought from most rural stores

Moxidectin Plus - 5ml/ Litre for 24hrs, make sure itā€™s not in direct sunlight in the aviary water dish as evaporation can dilute it too much. Treats worms, air sac mite, others mites too. Can be bought online from websites such as Gecko Dan

Both of these products is given in the drinking water which is the best way by far. I generally worm and treat my birds 2-3 times a year but I also worm after any periods of rain because parasites love dampness and humidity

These two wormers taste terrible I must add, what I do to make sure the birds get a good drink of it is take any forms of moisture and the water dishes out of the aviaries around 4:30pm the day before, and then straight up the next morning you give them the worming water and because theyā€™ll be thirsty they take a big drink before realising the taste
Much appreciated Noah, thank you so much

Most Reactions