How do iintroduce my new Quaker to my dog.

Mama004

Mar 3, 2011
Hello to my new found forums. I have recently bought a Quaker parrot and a Sunday conure both very awesome beautifulllll birds. I need just a little help with introducing them to my dog of 15 yrs.. Any suggestions would be helpfull..Pleae help. I know they want to play with each other cause they do through the cage.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
IS your dog gentle towards other animals??? I used to have a sheltie, english springer spaniel, and a german shepherd that was very gentle to all my other animals. I was never afraid of my birds being out with them. Not with my huskies that I have now. The only bird I trust with them is my macaw. Because everyone is afraid of my macaw....lol The macaw chases after the dogs. It was funny to watch when my macaw do a sneak attack on the dogs chase them from one room to another....I should of record it...It was too funny to watch....

beachbirdhouse

Feb 8, 2011
Coastal NC
Parrots
Parrotlet, Quaker
t816qa.jpg

I think it just depends on the personalities of the animals. My dog Buddy is very sweet and gentle. My Quaker Pepper is not afraid of anything. I would never leave them unsupervised, but I find it best to let them meet, at least momentarily, so the dog doesn't remain overly curious.

Most Reactions