How many toys in a cage?

CharlieChick

Dec 7, 2020
Hello, I was wondering how many toys do you have in your birds cage?
My two lovebirds share one cage and spend about 4-5 hours outside.
Also, I'd be really grateful if you could post a picture of you bird's cage as well! (Need some inspiration to setup by lovebirds cage:D)
Thanks!
:rainbow1:

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Every cage is different as is the Parrot or Parrot(s) that use it as their Home. We have never set a number as that really does not address what is needed in different sections.

The most common area that most often missed is a place for your Parrot to hide from the World, either to just get away from the hubbub or to sleep with a comfort level that assures a solid nap or a nights sleep. These are commonly created by hanging style toys both on the outside to break-up a corner and its side walls a few addition hanging toys of the inside which surround the sleeping perch. Remember, sleeping perches are commonly higher and thicker than other perches.

Wing opening and use area. This is an open area that the Parrot can with easy open s/he wings fully and flap them.

The outside of the cage in areas that need some separation use hanging toys.

Foot toys, are a common add in toy that can be hung or allowed to lay on the top of the cage.

Room to play around and with the toys.

Have fun, BUT, remember that your Parrot may not like you switching out its full cage. Most Parrots view 'their' cage as 'their' area and allowing them view of the new toys for several days before they are installed helps everyone.

At some point you will find you Parrot avoiding something that you surprised them with -- this is call: the item is 'radioactive' and they will full avoid if forever or until they determine it will not hurt them or kill them.

NOTE: There will be those toys that for whatever reason, your Parrot HATES and they are best simply removed and disassembled and made it to different toys or bits added to other toys. It is commonly that toy that was fully recommended or you fell in love with, no, I haven't a clue why!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
C

CharlieChick

Dec 7, 2020
Thank you SailBoat for your reply!
I would definitely be creating a "wall" with 2-3 toys from the sides, good recommendation!, I agree this is the most commonly missed area!
Thanks

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thank you! Remember to use the outside of the cage for hanging toys as it allows maximum space inside.

Have fun with it.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I have some toy articles links i will look for.
I believe the recommend is as follows, I noise maker, one easy to shred ir destroy, one harder wood to use to shape beak sbd chew on, one with moveale parts like a foraging toy, one foot toy something they can pick up and carry with foot. Those are just a starting point. Once you know what your parrots like you tailor to them.

I observe my parrots and what they use. Sometimes moving a toy gets ut interact with.

Teaching foraging, really us a fantastic and lots of fun for them. You have to teach and start easy . But food is a good motivation to interact with environment

Most Reactions

Latest posts