how much chop to feed

Tanglwood02

Mar 27, 2023
Media
Albums
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
One Goffins cockatoo. I would love more but she hates other birds!
can those of you that own Goffins please tell me how much chop you feed your birds? I read on here about someone putting thier chop in icecube trays and it's great. I pop out 4 frozen "cubes", defrost them, and split it between my Goffin and my IRN. If I cut back Sugar's (Goffin) to 2 cubes, she cleans it up during the night. If I give her 3 cubes she leaves some. Also she picks out what she likes. Do the rest of you leave chop out all night long or should I take it away at some point? She gets fresh of everything every morning. My little IRN is very picky about the chop and I'm not really sure what he picks out since it's, well, a chop. But he also gets pellets and he's at a healthy weight so I know he's eating. He also gets fresh of everything. Both birds are with me pretty much 24/7 and have freedom to go in and out of their cages always except bedtime.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I donā€™t own a Goffins, how much of the third cube does she leave?
I personally take out my birds chop after about 3 hours of serving it, then leave dry food (pellets and a little seed) available to them all day afterwards.

OP
Tanglwood02

Tanglwood02

Mar 27, 2023
Media
Albums
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
One Goffins cockatoo. I would love more but she hates other birds!
I gave her 3 cubes yesterday and she cleaned her bowl up overnight! She's never done that before. I do leave pellets out 24/7 also.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I gave her 3 cubes yesterday and she cleaned her bowl up overnight! She's never done that before. I do leave pellets out 24/7 also.
Oh, thatā€™s awesome!
Maybe sheā€™ll start eating 3 cubes all the time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts