How often to change out toys?

Sophia

Jun 16, 2021
Hi all,
I have a Eclectus that usually has 4 to 6 toys in her cage ( not including her swing) at any one time. She is only semi tame so while we do hang together she doesn?t get much handling from me and she prefers it that way. She is target trained and she will move from her cage to her play tree on occasion. Anyways, I?m wondering how often should I be switching her toys out? Her toys are her joy in life and I want to keep her happy. I?ve been switching them out once a week. Is that enough?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Our Amazon has near 15 toys of different style, some to create a safe sleeping area others to provide entertainment and still overs (foot toys) to carry about and others to simply trash. That does not include toys on the play top of the cage.

Toys arrive with time from on far to this cage area then onto or into his cage. So he is seeing a continual refreshment /replacement of toys.

IMHO, your Parrot is seeing far to few toys. But, that is just me.

Last edited:
OP
S

Sophia

Jun 16, 2021
Thank you! I will definitely increase it and I just signed up for a monthly subscription service for bird toys.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I think a lot of this depends on the bird--- if your bird is scared of them, it will need more time to adjust than a bird who loves new toys etc

Most Reactions

Latest posts