How to Become a Zoologist or Herpetologist

findi

Jan 28, 2012
Hi, Frank Indiviglio here. Iā€™m a herpetologist, zoologist and book author, recently retired from a career spent at several zoos, aquarium, and museums, including over 20 years with the Bronx Zoo.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Providing career advice is one of the most rewarding aspects of my work. There are many resources available to aspiring zoologists and herpetologists, but deciding the best path to take can be a confusing process. Today Iā€™d like to provide some guidelines drawn from my experiences and those of my readers and colleagues on how to become a zoologist. And as youā€™ll see from the face of the little fellow in the photo below, itā€™s great fun to get started early![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Note: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Much of the following information is based on my work in zoos and museums, and the journals mentioned are oriented towards herpetology. However, the basic principles apply to any discipline within the field of zoology. I can also help, or refer you to others who can help, with related fields, such as ornithology, arachnology, etc. Please post any questions you might have below. [/FONT]Read the rest of this article here How to become a Zoologist | That Reptile Blog
Please also check out my posts on Twitter http://bitly.com/JP27Nj and Facebook http://on.fb.me/KckP1m

My Bio, with photos of animals Iā€™ve been lucky enough to work with: That Pet Place welcomes Zoologist/Herpetologist Frank Indiviglio to That Reptile Blog | That Reptile Blog

Best Regards, Frank Indiviglio

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
The study of zoology at tertiary level is one of the most satisfying things I've done in my life! I'd recommend it to anyone who has an ongoing interest in the natural world, especially anyone in tune with animals, the way so many of our members are. It's one thing to enjoy Sir David Attenborough's documentaries, but quite another level of excitement as you begin to learn how the Animal Kingdom works and why it functions so well as part of the earth's network of Life. If you ever have the opportunity to study, I'd say GO FOR IT! You won't be sorry! :)

Most Reactions