How to recover your lost Photobucket images attn Birdman666

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I deserve great approbation! Wait, is that a good thing?

Here is one way to recover the lost Photobucket files. Maybe someone can figure out a more streamlined process. I saved the first seven I found to my computer and uploaded them to a shared album. Go see if any of yours are in there. The name of the album is "Recovered Member Photos" and I don't know how to share a link to it.

I happened to be reading a post about missing Photobucket files and there was a missing photo of Birdman's, so I started there. It's not any kind of macaw favoritism thing. So don't nobody grey get their beak bent out of shape.
If you want to try to find your pictures, here's how I did it.

=============================

Step 1: open the page with the missing file, shown as a gray box.
Step 2: right-click on the gray box and choose "inspect"
The pane on the right will open. Note the highlighted blue text, which contains the path and filename of the missing image.

kentuckienne-albums-recovered-member-photos-picture18323-find-me-1.png

Step 3: highlight the file name and copy it.
Step 4: paste the copied text into a Google search box. Note that there are extra characters.

kentuckienne-albums-recovered-member-photos-picture18324-find-me-2.png

Step 5: delete some of the text. Here, I kept just the filename.

kentuckienne-albums-recovered-member-photos-picture18325-find-me-3.png

Step 6: press enter to search. Not very useful results.

kentuckienne-albums-recovered-member-photos-picture18326-find-me-4.png

Step 7: click on "images", second choice from the left on my browser. Now, we're cookin' with gas!

kentuckienne-albums-recovered-member-photos-picture18327-find-me-5.png

Step 8: right click on the image of interest and save it to your computer.

Step 9: try a few different search terms to see what you get.

kentuckienne-albums-recovered-member-photos-picture18328-find-me-6.png

kentuckienne-albums-recovered-member-photos-picture18329-find-me-7.png

NOTE: The first images that show up, the multiple ones on the search page, might not be full size. This next step works sometimes, and sometimes not. Click on a picture of interest, and it will enlarge into a large gray box by itself. To the right of the box you see choices like visit page, view image, etc. Click view image. If you are living right, the picture MIGHT open up into a full size image from Photobucket. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I will be trying this later, after I have some wine to ward off frustration and evil thoughts towards Photobucket.
Thanks, 'Enne!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I will be trying this later, after I have some wine to ward off frustration and evil thoughts towards Photobucket.
Thanks, 'Enne!

Uhhhh the wine might not improve your computer skills. Just sayin. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thanks, 'Enne!

Uhhhh the wine might not improve your computer skills. Just sayin. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I find that wine enriches my vocabulary when discussing how much love I have for computer. Hmmm, maybe better stated computer programmers! :D

Was also thinking about the why of all of this - its very possible that they are enhancing their cash status to lure a Buyer. Short term up-swing in cash flow could /can create such a Buy Enhancement! Assets rule especially if they are in the form of Cash in this type of Business. The combination of a large User List (does not matter if they are happy or not) and Cash Assets is a real stage setter!

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I agree..pm mark...he needs to see this thread..and thanks for the info.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Brilliant, Karen! Thanks for the tour of recovery! Even though I don't have a Photobucket, this should help for those who do!

Most Reactions

Latest posts