Hurt budgie

Chipas

Jul 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgie
My budgie was bitten by another budgie, and I took him to the vet. The vet gave me a liquid to clean the wound daily. The wound has healed a bit, but my budgie keeps scratching it and opening his beak as if something is stuck in his throat. The vet mentioned it could be mites, so we gave him medication for that. The wound is about 2-3 weeks old. Any ideas on what might be happening?

Also the red spot is not the wound, its his ear.

Attachments

• IMG_20230719_094950.jpg
    IMG_20230719_094950.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 20

budgie choir

Jul 1, 2023
Parrots
Budgies: Yoko, Dreamy, Ono, Jeter, Liilly, Primrose, Pegasus
My budgie was bitten by another budgie, and I took him to the vet. The vet gave me a liquid to clean the wound daily. The wound has healed a bit, but my budgie keeps scratching it and opening his beak as if something is stuck in his throat. The vet mentioned it could be mites, so we gave him medication for that. The wound is about 2-3 weeks old. Any ideas on what might be happening?

Also the red spot is not the wound, its his ear.
you need to rehome one of the birds., or separate them.....you could have had a huge cage....that would help the bird biting and fighting is prob sick too.... they hide their sickness behind behavior... the arrangement you have is not working. the birds are stressed out for some reason...what is going on in your home that stresses them out? did you recently move? is it crowded? do you have an avian lamp for them enough natural light? are they getting the proper nutrition?

the wound itself wont heal unless you keep them separate for a while. make a hospital cage...
get a red heat lamp for birds and put your wounded budgie in a quiet room with fresh clean air no air scents or air fresheners that plug into the wall or anything like that difusers take them all away...
once the bird is safe and alone in a quiet space with food water and the heat lamp he or she will rest and relax.....the birds do not like each other....you need to separate them in sep cages or rehome one of them ......you cannot force it......they need lots of space not tiny cages...they need to fly to have a healthy respiratory system.

i have a flock....one of them is an outcast so I am actually going to trade birds with my friend who has a bird who is not happy with her flock....it is hit and miss they are very choosing ...most people stick them in cages and force it...the birds confined in small space if they dont fight will have behavior issues...and health issues and die. your bird will die it wont get better if it doesnt feel safe...this will never resolve itself if they dont like each other and are caged in.....

best wishes -
so much bird love
from the flock-
cricket

Most Reactions