I almost bought a Corella yesterday..

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Scrolling through gumtree (bad habit of mine!) I came across a 4/5month old Corella looking for a new home (3rd home). He was only 20 minutes away from me!! And sounded lovely, and looked just like Sunny. I know, I know.. all long billed Corellas look the same.. But something about this one had Sunnys twinkle in his eye. And I instantly loved him. I was unsure whether it was the right thing to do or not.. As ideally.. we need to move house before I consider finding a large parrot that lives indoors. I slept on it, and then in the morning decided to send the owner a text to ask a few questions. They didnā€™t get back to me, so in the evening I opened up the Ad to see if it was still online. It said sold.
I was gutted.. I actually felt like crying!! But I know itā€™s actually for the best. I didnā€™t jump straight into it as I know deep down I shouldnā€™t get a parrot. And I worry, Because Sunny was such a pleasure, living outside and wild. That Iā€™d find a real domestic parrot too much, and Iā€™d HATE to be one of them people who get a bird and has to rehome it..
But I was a little bit excited at the possibility.

Maybe I need to stop looking at sad, animals to rescue on gumtree:eek:

Oh, another reason it probably made me a bit upset. Was that on our drive home from the shops we found a severely injured cockatoo being attacked/eaten by crows.. wing completely twisted the wrong way around and 2 holes in is back where you could see itā€™s tendons. It was totally paralysed but itā€™s eyes where open and he was till breathing, breathing so fast. It was a horrific sight. My partner whacked it over the head with a log to put the poor thing out of its misery.
So that was pretty upsetting.

Anyway.. just a ramble today I guess! The boys are happy and well, and loving aviary life :)

Hannah x

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Good to hear from you dear friend!

Our minds do these things as a way to encourage us to complete certain tasks so that a need can be fulfilled. Clearly, a Corella is out there that will be reaching out to you when you are fully ready.

One of the truly wonderful things about being Human is our Hearts!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Hi Hannah...

You will have your very own "Sunny" when the time is right I know that.
Sad to hear of the poor thing your partner put down.

However it was so nice to see a post from you and happy to know the 'tiels are well :D

Jim

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Thanks friends,
Iā€™m so torn with wanting a parrot companion. But Iā€™m sure the right birb will come along at the right time.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Hannah, I have no doubt, when it's the right time, that special one will find their way to you. :)

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Oh that must have been awful. I saw a parrot cage on the side of the road today and looped back twice to make sure the bird wasn't in there..Can only imagine the suffering parrot...Good that your boyfriend understood what was needed, but easier said than done for sure.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome back Hannah! Dearly hope your housing situation will change for the better, so ready for a big beautiful Corella! Glad the boys are enjoying the aviary life!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts