Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
...And a snuggly bird I've got!!!

Pascal turned out to be an extreme snuggly palm bird. Lately he just loves to snuggle up in my hands in the evening, he has never done this before.... He is so cute it makes my heart melt!!! Hard to believe he was a completely wild bird 8 months ago! (hint hint to new bird owners, never give up!!!... Even though 8 months is actually a very short time!)

I hardly get any work done in the evenings, usually he just loves to perch on my finger and then scoot to the other palm so that he's shrouded and snuggled up. I try to make him be comfy on one hand so I can at least use the mouse xD He gets so comfortable that I feel guilty if I want to put him away... But were I to start drawing he always tries to eat my pen, either digital or a real pencil.

Here's some pics I managed to sneak, he LOVES jumping onto my phone so it is a wonder I could snap these!

1638526645532.png

1638526659138.png

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh, so does this mean you won't be packaging him up and sending him to me anytime soon then?? Congratulations on your strengthening bond with Pascal - what a beautiful birdie he is! :)

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Oh, so does this mean you won't be packaging him up and sending him to me anytime soon then?? Congratulations on your strengthening bond with Pascal - what a beautiful birdie he is! :)

No Martina, but possibly I might pack up Csilli and send her your way so she can dominate the world with Lilly Pilly :D

And thank you!! I actually cried tears of joy few days ago, I really hope it stays this way :')

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
No Martina, but possibly I might pack up Csilli and send her your way so she can dominate the world with Lilly Pilly :D

And thank you!! I actually cried tears of joy few days ago, I really hope it stays this way :')

I'm happy to say that I know the feeling well, my friend :) There is nothing more wonderful than knowing we have earned their trust, is there?

Cuteness overload from Csilli and Lilly would be a definite threat to the security of the world, but something tells me that my handsome Valentino might just grab Csilli's attention! My what beautiful babies they'd make! ;)

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I'm happy to say that I know the feeling well, my friend :) There is nothing more wonderful than knowing we have earned their trust, is there?

Cuteness overload from Csilli and Lilly would be a definite threat to the security of the world, but something tells me that my handsome Valentino might just grab Csilli's attention! My what beautiful babies they'd make! ;)
Yes, exactly that!!! That we earned their full trust of those small fragile beings...!! Is there anything kinder and holier than that?

Oh my, they would make the most beautiful feathered babies for sure. Shall I pack the clock as well then? :D Would make a very fashionable nest.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh my goodness, what a sweetheart he's become! So sweet ❤️ Few things in life better than that bond of complete love and trust. Entirely worth the time and effort! Just beautiful :)

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Skar, with that clock as a nest and Valentino's romantic songs to serenade her, Csilli would be churning out those eggs in a heartbeat!

As long Csilli is not the cause of domestic violence (seeing what a fighty little chick she is) it would be such a dreamy situation!!!

Pascal immediately started exploring the source of that wonderful chirping, I think Valentino stole his heart instead xD

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
YEs that is a special parrot who does that! My last parrot, Max, a canary winged parrot (Brotogeris), loved to snuggle into my hand. I used to let him and then move my hand an inch or 2 away then watch him siddle over and re-snuggle and do it repeatedly. Some parrots just gotta have their snuggle! Salty on the other hand (pun not intended) will snuggle a little and then realize he is doing it and writhe away.

Birdgirl24

Dec 2, 2021
North Dakota
Parrots
I have 1 budgie, He is a male both. I have been looking into getting an Eclectus Parrot tho.
Your bird is so cute i wish i would have put move effort in when my birds were young. I kind of messed that up for myself. But ive realized how much i love my birds now and im working with them the best i know how. I hope to become a bird trainer one day.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
YEs that is a special parrot who does that! My last parrot, Max, a canary winged parrot (Brotogeris), loved to snuggle into my hand. I used to let him and then move my hand an inch or 2 away then watch him siddle over and re-snuggle and do it repeatedly. Some parrots just gotta have their snuggle! Salty on the other hand (pun not intended) will snuggle a little and then realize he is doing it and writhe away.
Yes!! Pascal also wriggles and readjusts and re-fluffs if I move a muscle!! He refuses to sit on my shoulder, it is unimaginable for him, it MUST be the palm. I am learning how to play computer games with just one hand xD

Also my partner's senegal loves to snuggle too, if you sit and cross your arms she just settles her self there on the arm, she is so precious when she does it!

But snuggly or not I'd still love all of my parrots. Zeleni wasn't snuggly at all, and neither was Archie, nor Csilli, but I love them so anyways, I am sure you love your dear Salty nevertheless ❤️

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Was about to retort "get a cockatoo" but after reading narrative, you've achieved breakthrough with Pascal! Congratulations and enjoy, you've toiled and fretted for that elusive bond for life!!

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Your bird is so cute i wish i would have put move effort in when my birds were young. I kind of messed that up for myself. But ive realized how much i love my birds now and im working with them the best i know how. I hope to become a bird trainer one day.
Please do not think that you haven't done enough with your birds!!! Some birds really do not like being touched or snuggled, our budgie Csilli is still 7 years later terrified of hands, and is often reluctant if we're too close. But when she's in the very playful mood, she will happily accept kisses on her belly. I think first time we could do it was maybe 3-4 years since she was rescued from the street. Budgies are very shy birds, so don't put the blame on yourself, that's simply how they are.

My super tame IRN Zeleni was pretty off hands too, except of me since he saw me as his mate, but he did not like being snuggled or having headscratches. Some species just don't like being touched/snuggled, for example genus Psittacula (Alexandrines, Ringnecks, etc), eclectuses, and even African greys are often not snuggly birds (far as I've heard). Some species are more prone to being absolute snuggle bugs conures, quakers or cockatoos. In the wild, conures literally stick to each other, they snuggle up against each other. My partner's senegal loves being snuggled too, but I'd say that Pascal is a way snugglier bird, despite being more shy than Aina (the senegal).

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Was about to retort "get a cockatoo" but after reading narrative, you've achieved breakthrough with Pascal! Congratulations and enjoy, you've toiled and fretted for that elusive bond for life!!
Thank you, Scott!!! I have to admit, I am terrified of any cockatoos!!! My "Pascal sitter" (the future avian vet) also has a very tame and cuddly galah, who sadly can feel my fear! He wanted head scratches from me and my partner, he absolutely melted with my partner, but was very reluctant with me, since I guess he "smelled" my fear! I'm not sure why I have this fear of them, I mean I've let a nippy african grey sit on my shoulder without issues and stayed happy and calm (and to everyone's shock, he didn't nip me nor was plucking while chilling with me, I still feel sad I couldn't adopt him!! ), and they have MUCH bigger beak than a galah!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thank you, Scott!!! I have to admit, I am terrified of any cockatoos!!! My "Pascal sitter" (the future avian vet) also has a very tame and cuddly galah, who sadly can feel my fear! He wanted head scratches from me and my partner, he absolutely melted with my partner, but was very reluctant with me, since I guess he "smelled" my fear! I'm not sure why I have this fear of them, I mean I've let a nippy african grey sit on my shoulder without issues and stayed happy and calm (and to everyone's shock, he didn't nip me nor was plucking while chilling with me, I still feel sad I couldn't adopt him!! ), and they have MUCH bigger beak than a galah!
Trust your instincts while realizing majority of cockatoos sweet velcro birds! But hey, our fears not always rational nor personal failings. Sometimes we can overcome, on occasion the aversion is hard-wired and defies logic!!

OrrinocosMom

Jul 29, 2021
Media
Albums
New England
Parrots
Orrinoco The Pirate
...And a snuggly bird I've got!!!

Pascal turned out to be an extreme snuggly palm bird. Lately he just loves to snuggle up in my hands in the evening, he has never done this before.... He is so cute it makes my heart melt!!! Hard to believe he was a completely wild bird 8 months ago! (hint hint to new bird owners, never give up!!!... Even though 8 months is actually a very short time!)

I hardly get any work done in the evenings, usually he just loves to perch on my finger and then scoot to the other palm so that he's shrouded and snuggled up. I try to make him be comfy on one hand so I can at least use the mouse xD He gets so comfortable that I feel guilty if I want to put him away... But were I to start drawing he always tries to eat my pen, either digital or a real pencil.

Here's some pics I managed to sneak, he LOVES jumping onto my phone so it is a wonder I could snap these!

View attachment 32728

View attachment 32729
OMParrotGoddess your birdie is SO ADORABLE!! XOXO

Most Reactions