I can't find anyone to buy this conure, can you help?

Well, we would rather keep her than sell her. I started this thread more for help dealing with the behavior than to figure out a price point. :) the sound of her call itself is not the problem, it is just when she gets put down and screeches over and over and over non stop and keeps the baby up. It has been better the last couple of days since I've started trying some of these new things. Selling her is really a last resort for us,but if weren't to that point, I'd definitely price her for less thanks for all the advice!

That's good news! I hope you can use some of the ideas to work things out. Maybe even moving her to another spot in your home where she has less impact on the baby would work for awhile.

This will change over time too--your parrot it maturing right along with the baby and they will both change behaviors given time. It's up to you to shape those changes and find ways to make it work best for everyone. Good luck!

One thing I'd suggest, too, is maybe keeping another noise source on near baby when napping so that the noise of the bird isn't so startling.

Your price point is keeping any serious bird owners from responding. A serious bird owner will not pay anywhere near that price, as most here have told you. Lowering the price or offering for free as advised would allow you to find it a home with someone who has other conures and knows what the noise level is, and can live with the noise. You may also want to look for someone who could foster your bird until the baby is a bit older. I have fostered birds in the past for different reasons, then returned the birds to their previous home when it was time. I kept a pair of sun conures ( Very loud ) while their owner rebuilt their home that was destroyed by a tornado. They had to live in a hotel as the house was built, so i kept their conures till their home was ready to occupy. They even came to visit them every Wednesday, and it was a success for all.

I have a U2 and she is very demanding about the attention she gets from is. However she has learned to play by herself when we are not at home. Cameo is perfectly fine playing on her playgym when we are home but we give her many things for her to do. Ripping up paper, foraging for treats, chewing up her toys, ripping up a box are just a few of her favorite things she likes to do.
She will get noisy in the evening sometimes and she then gets a timeout in her cage in my office alone with the door closed. She will scream bloody murder for a while and then get quiet. Later we let her out again and reward her with praises. Hopefully she equates quiet with praises and attention and being noisy will get her solitude. Seems to be working pretty good although you are dealing with a bird that has an IQ of a 3 year old child.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back