I GOT MY BUDGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Astro - violet yellow face budgie (juvenile male)
Meet Astro!!! He is a violet yellow face, tame and 8 weeks male
IMG_2193[1].jpg
IMG_2194[1].jpg

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
CONGRATS ON THE BUDGIE! Astro is adorable! Don't tell Pip, but I think he is the prettier of the two ;)
I can't see the cage too well, but from what I can see, it looks amazing! Shows that you did plenty of research before getting a bird!
The reason Ziggy and Kai are screaming right now are because they wish they were as cute as Astro!

OP
Budgie_Addicted

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
CONGRATS ON THE BUDGIE! Astro is adorable! Don't tell Pip, but I think he is the prettier of the two ;)
I can't see the cage too well, but from what I can see, it looks amazing! Shows that you did plenty of research before getting a bird!
The reason Ziggy and Kai are screaming right now are because they wish they were as cute as Astro!
Haha thank you, me too!
Yes thank you! I can take a picture of my setup if you'd like to see it for some feedback! I read every article and WikiHow and budgies I could find ;)
Awh hehe Ziggy and Kai are just as cute!🥰

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Welcome home Astro! May you have a long happy healthy life filled with love!

I agree with holding off for a month before introducing to your sisters budgies. As all new birds should be quarantined for that long anyway. To prevent possible spread of diseases. Sometimes their are chronic hidden infections like chlamydia that your young burd would be more sensitive to as not full adult immune system.

Its a little stressful on new burds the first few weeks in a new home, even if its happy and well adjusted as your little baby is. So its good to do a little pampering, keep things warm, give them time to adjust and feel safe and bond. Get the routine down. Make sure to give them breaks to nibble on food every half hour, and young burds take extra naps the first few weeks. They grow up fast! So its just a couple of weeks of just a little extrs care abd breaks fir snacks. Burds are more grazers than big meal eaters

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, Astro is beautiful! Congratulations to you both, I think this is a match made in heaven:)

OP
Budgie_Addicted

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Welcome home Astro! May you have a long happy healthy life filled with love!

I agree with holding off for a month before introducing to your sisters budgies. As all new birds should be quarantined for that long anyway. To prevent possible spread of diseases. Sometimes their are chronic hidden infections like chlamydia that your young burd would be more sensitive to as not full adult immune system.

Its a little stressful on new burds the first few weeks in a new home, even if its happy and well adjusted as your little baby is. So its good to do a little pampering, keep things warm, give them time to adjust and feel safe and bond. Get the routine down. Make sure to give them breaks to nibble on food every half hour, and young burds take extra naps the first few weeks. They grow up fast! So its just a couple of weeks of just a little extrs care abd breaks fir snacks. Burds are more grazers than big meal eaters
Thank you. This is great information, especially to tell to my sister about the quarantine thing. She is so persistent for them to meet. She tries to make her bird fly into my room with Astro. I think it's really distracting Astro sometimes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts