I hate this!!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
you do everything right for a bird and they still get sick.

my female gouldian is down. she is a beautiful yellow back.

She has always appeared weaker to me, she doesnt fly are around much like the other gouldians and sleeps more.

she didn't moult at the same time my other 5 did, they were all sleepy, and quite lethargic, but never with their heads tucked and at the bottom of the cage!....uggggg

she's been a bit sleepy for the past few days, and some pin feathers are showing, but not many, she has been sleeping on & off, but today she has been sleeping with her head tucked for most of the day.
I've been watching her very closely, and giving her extra nutrients, protein, etc for the past 2 weeks, prior to today

she was so tired and out of it right now I'm not sure what is going on.
she just let me pick her up sleeping in the dish, she never moved, while I put her in a hospital cage with a heat lamp. her seed dish and water are on the floor.

....keeping my fingers crossed she is alive by tomorrow morning,
the strange thing is she is eating, her poop is fine, and drinking water, but is really lacking energy, and took a dive bomb at dinner.:confused:

I'm suspecting it could have to do with moulting.

IMG_2977_zpscfd3ee14.jpg Photo by bmckellar735 | Photobucket

I'm so sorry this is happening. :( Keeping my fingers crossed for her.

I know the feeling. My budgie has kidney disease...nothing we can do. She is still happy, active, and loud, but that cut a couple years off her lifespan...:( hugs and lots of love to you and your finch!

I'm so sorry she is having trouble. My fingers are crossed she improves and all is fine.

Wish i could help with the magic answer. breeding birds is such a trial and error. I'm sure there's some little thing missing from your program.Best of luck figuring it out.

Crimson, so sorry your FID is unwell...I hope things get better. (((hugs)))

I know the feeling. My budgie has kidney disease...nothing we can do. She is still happy, active, and loud, but that cut a couple years off her lifespan...:( hugs and lots of love to you and your finch!

:( Poor thing... and poor you. It's an awful helpless feeling ...

I hope she pulls through for you!!!! Prayers goes out to you and your bird!!!

Poor little birdy! Sending warmest thoughts and hugs from me and the Beaks.

thanks everyone, but she died :(

her name was Twinkle Toes, I was holding her in my hand and she was so incredibly soft

however I did notice something when I started peaking around for clues, it seems she had an impacted crop.

now I'm not sure if that caused her death, or if what was ailing her caused her crop to become impacted, either way we can't afford a necropsy so I'm just going to have to let this one go...the tears just keep coming

Oh no, Beth!!! I am SO very sorry!!! RIP sweet Twinkle Toes! :( What a cute name for such a lovely lady.

HUGS to you!!!!! :(

You had a bad feeling in your gut about this, didn't you?

Morbid as it might sound, i'd find out what it was that was impacting her crop.

Morbid as it might sound, i'd find out what it was that was impacting her crop.

normally I would, and you are right, but we just don't have the extra cash right now. she was never right since I've had her. (which has been about 9 months)
I know she had weak genes, and may have been bred improperly. this is why I prefer green backs to yellow backs, they have stronger genetics.

Oh no, Beth!!! I am SO very sorry!!! RIP sweet Twinkle Toes! :( What a cute name for such a lovely lady.

HUGS to you!!!!! :(

You had a bad feeling in your gut about this, didn't you?

yup I did, IMO it's much more difficult taking care of finches than it is parrots.
they tend to get sick more often and are far more susceptible to things.

I don't know why they just are.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back