I have a huge decision to make, need help!

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Sorry, you asked for evidence to show your dad, and you asked what to do with the toad. I was trying to answer those questions specifically.
Yes, and thank you for that. He said he'd only take evidence from and expert.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Indeed, and I am a zoologist, with some substantial veterinary background. I am aware you know not to put the toad outside now, in the freezing weather. At any rate, your last two posts were kind of rude. I tried to conciliate. Signing out.
I'm sorry, I didn't know you were an expert. I can't just assume everyone who posts here and gives advice is an expert, please accept my apologies.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I'm sorry, I didn't know you were an expert. I can't just assume everyone who posts here and gives advice is an expert, please accept my apologies.
Of course you didnt know.

But also, I wasn’t trying to β€˜yell at’ you when I gave you info about your problem. ( I wish people would be careful not to be judgmental on these discussion forums and I try to watch my language. I wouldn’t scold you.) I was just trying to supply what information you needed, and I think I got most of it covered. It seemed you missed my intentions and I felt misunderstood.

I thought I read much of that toad info a few months ago on another part of β€˜parrot forums’. So you could go to the section about β€˜other pets’ and find the original posts if you want, or if that’s what your dad wants. Or if you have a damp, buggy basement, maybe you could have a resident toad?

Now I’m really done.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Of course you didnt know.

But also, I wasn’t trying to β€˜yell at’ you when I gave you info about your problem. ( I wish people would be careful not to be judgmental on these discussion forums and I try to watch my language. I wouldn’t scold you.) I was just trying to supply what information you needed, and I think I got most of it covered. It seemed you missed my intentions and I felt misunderstood.

I thought I read much of that toad info a few months ago on another part of β€˜parrot forums’. So you could go to the section about β€˜other pets’ and find the original posts if you want, or if that’s what your dad wants. Or if you have a damp, buggy basement, maybe you could have a resident toad?

Now I’m really done.
Well, then it was just a misunderstanding, and I'm sorry.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I am too. I hope you are well and I hope you find a home for your toad.
Thank you, I'm going to keep her in a 40 gallon breeder tank I have, that should be enough space for her!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I used to catch insects and worms from outdoors for my newt. I dont think I knew you could go buy crickets and had only seen mealworms at a bait store. So that would be an option, too. Fig (Newt) lived for nine years which is unusual for a golden newt, so I know he or she was healthy.

Toads have beautiful eyes and a sweet call. I hope you enjoy your toad.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
I used to catch insects and worms from outdoors for my newt. I dont think I knew you could go buy crickets and had only seen mealworms at a bait store. So that would be an option, too. Fig (Newt) lived for nine years which is unusual for a golden newt, so I know he or she was healthy.

Toads have beautiful eyes and a sweet call. I hope you enjoy your toad.
Thank you, we have a Jiffy Mart near us that sells live worms, 20-30 for 2 bucks, and HUGE too. She loves those. She also gets mealworms, crickets, and dubia roaches

Most Reactions

Latest posts