I have a problem/I found ...

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
A little girl. She's terrified. I don't know if I will keep her or find her a home. I think a stray dog had her and they got separated.

She's not used to people but came to me even though she's scared.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
the feathers are very dark and hairy looking but I'd keep it, but post some fliers and put an ad in the local paper for a lost weird looking parrot. (yes I know it's the off topic forum, I know a hampster when I see one.)

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Based on where I live and the puppies behavior I don't think she's ever had a home. I believe she was born on the street.

We will at least keep her long enough to get used to people.

The 2 dogs I currently have accept her but she is terrified of them.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so glad you found her, what a sweetheart! I would still look to make sure no one is missing her to be on the safe side.

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Yeah so it happened. I told everybody not to get attached. So who gets attached my elderly disabled mom.

If she gives mom another way to find happiness so be it.

If no owner is found she is going nowhere. Possible names are already being suggested.

OP
G

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
My mom named her siren. She's doing great. The other dogs let her do anything she wants.

Kari and Lila the other 2 get along most of the time but got in a fight today because Lila was in my lap and didn't want to share with Kari. We break it up by picking whichever one we can and literally a minute later they were cool.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
My mom named her siren. She's doing great. The other dogs let her do anything she wants.

Kari and Lila the other 2 get along most of the time but got in a fight today because Lila was in my lap and didn't want to share with Kari. We break it up by picking whichever one we can and literally a minute later they were cool.

The joys of sticking hands in a circle of bitty mouths! Be safe!!! But!, Have Fun! Happy that all is going well! That would be one lucky black bird! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts