I just want to share thoughts sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calculations

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Parrots
I have a budgie I've considered a teil in the future but it won't be anytime soon I'd like to gain more experience before I get any more birds.
I really have a lot of thoughts and opinions that I think could be beneficial for people to learn but I don't have a place to say them
so I'm wondering if there is a spot i could sorta write these thoughts on? Or if it's possible to add a spot where people can do this i think it would be really useful and helpful give different perspectives and even benefit people.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Off-Topic is an area that provides a space for those Topics that would not find a home in the other 'Parrot' based Forums.

I would recommend that you take the time to understand where the boundaries are as there are limits.

We all have our own "thoughts and opinions" that are shaped by our environment, life experiences, education, etc, etc, etc.. Many can be very helpful, others detrimental and sadly, there is sometimes very fine lines between them.

I would recommend that you contact one of our Moderators and run your ideas by them prior to setting up your soapbox. Politics is one very dangerous starting point.

Last edited:
OP
Calculations

Calculations

Aug 30, 2021
Media
Parrots
I have a budgie I've considered a teil in the future but it won't be anytime soon I'd like to gain more experience before I get any more birds.
Off-Topic is an area that provides a space for those Topics that would not find a home in the other 'Parrot' based Forums.

I would recommend that you take the time to understand where the boundaries are as there are limits.

We all have our own "thoughts and opinions" that are shaped by our environment, life experiences, education, etc, etc, etc.. Many can be very helpful, others detrimental and sadly, there is sometimes very fine lines between them.

I would recommend that you contact one of our Moderators and run your ideas by them prior to setting up your soapbox. Politics is one very dangerous starting point.
You suddenly leaping to the assumption it's bad is red flagging me honestly, that is really silly.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
We are an international, multi-cultural forum, and we welcome topics and debates from all corners of the globe, provided that they avoid topics such as religion and politics that are expressly against Forum rules and guidelines...

Diverse ideas and differing points of view are always welcome here as long as they can be debated respectfully, and the "Off Topic" sub-forum is the best place for them if not parrot-related. :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
We may be able to better direct you to which forum would be appropriate if you could let us know what your thoughts you want to share are on.
For anything bird related, there is a forum for most subjects. If it isn't bird related, then Off Topic would be appropriate, as long as it follows PF rules (No religion or politics)

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Interesting that you found my balanced response to be red flagging?
My thoughts exactly, I didn't get the feelings of "bad" labeling at all, more just like a fair warning.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
You suddenly leaping to the assumption it's bad is red flagging me honestly, that is really silly.
Assumptions do indeed work both ways. Sailboat didn't express any assumptions, and in fact offered helpful advice to best achieve your goal, given vague information at hand. Somewhat telling is your initial post on the forum, which quite honestly "red flags" yourself by expressing issues on other forums. We do pride ourselves on being the best, most supportive place out there, so hopefully your experience here is a positive one.

This is a tight knit community of parrot loving people, and we absolutely welcome different ideas and opinions presented in a helpful, respectful manner. Glad you're here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts