I think a bond is forming!

Jupiter1914

Jul 12, 2022
Parrots
Eclectus parrot named Kirby
So I got home today and interacted with Kirby. We had music on and he seemed to like it! He would react to the change in sound and rhythm but no dancing yet. He seemed like he wanted to come down from his perch onto the table with me but he was still unsure. So I stepped him up and held him close to me. I sang to him and he kept trying to peck at my glasses. But thenā€¦something amazing happened. He started getting close and really listening to my voice when I sang. Then he beaked at my shoulder and climbed up! This is the first time he has ever done that and thatā€™s only after a WEEK of having him! Iā€™m so happy! He even let me kiss his chest and beak! Honestly I donā€™t think a start like this could have been any better. So happy!

OP
Jupiter1914

Jupiter1914

Jul 12, 2022
Parrots
Eclectus parrot named Kirby
Iā€™m happy to hear that your Ekkie is coming out of his shell. Wait until he starts singing too šŸ¤£
Hahah! Yeah canā€™t wait for that! He likes to mumble and do small hums and purrs especially when there is music. Gives me a feeling heā€™s gonna be a great singer!

Levi's Wife

Sep 23, 2022
Parrots
Kirby, a cute Green Cheek Conure
So I got home today and interacted with Kirby. We had music on and he seemed to like it! He would react to the change in sound and rhythm but no dancing yet. He seemed like he wanted to come down from his perch onto the table with me but he was still unsure. So I stepped him up and held him close to me. I sang to him and he kept trying to peck at my glasses. But thenā€¦something amazing happened. He started getting close and really listening to my voice when I sang. Then he beaked at my shoulder and climbed up! This is the first time he has ever done that and thatā€™s only after a WEEK of having him! Iā€™m so happy! He even let me kiss his chest and beak! Honestly I donā€™t think a start like this could have been any better. So happy!

Haha what a coincidence. My Green Cheek Conures name is Kirby, too (It was the first name that came to mind when I got her) Although people might hate me for this, I got my GCC at a local petsmart. I know, I know its not the best but when I came to the glass I saw her and she approached the glass and started tapping on it! It was SO CUTE, I couldn't just leave her there haha. Anyway, Kirby bonded with me the first day! It was a shocker. Because you know I didn't know her background or any trauma she may have, but she is the sweetest thing ever! I'm sorry I got off topic here but I'm glad that your Kirby has bonded to you!

Most Reactions

Latest posts