I was away and not quite back…yet…

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
I have been away so long I was afraid to log back in. Would Rickeybird and Auntie Gail still be kicking cloaca and taking names? What if something happened to Salty, or Amy, or the Spider-birds? But I couldn’t stand it any more. I need some time to catch up with everyone.

I did a LOT of travel, and then my parents began to need a lot of help, and then the pandemic came, and then my mom went into hospice care at home, and died last month - which is ok, she suffered for too long. It’s been a couple of miserable years and I had to cut a lot of things loose. I haven’t kept up Wikibeaks, or done much bookbinding other than making some leather versions of Dr. Pepperberg’s book for Alex Foundation gifts/raffles. I did make a garden and am raising green beans and tomato hornworms. Did some work on the house. I’ve been playing too much Angry Birds 2 (wanna join my clan?), reading, relearning Spanish with Duolingo. Still haven’t recovered fully from being a caregiver, actually that’s not over yet, but I’m starting to get my head back above the water.

Not meaning to be a downer, but I feel bad about dropping out of sight when so many of you were so kind and helpful to Gus. It’s good to see the familiar names and faces. Gus is fine, great, still craves paper above all else. In fact, he dropped a piece of croissant from his beak to lunge after a piece of fresh brown paper. He has a friend, a yellow naped Amazon named Coco who wasn’t so much rescued as rehomed. I’ll be asking about her in the Amazon forum.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome back, been a long time! My deepest condolences for the passing of your mother.

Glad Gus is doing well, hope to learn more about Coco!!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Very happy to see you around again! I’m so sorry for everything you’re going through, but I’m happy your mom is no longer suffering g as she did.
I’ll admit I’m looking in daily but not posting nearly as much as I used to. Some of us are also slowly. Roving strangers again as well.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome back, you have been missed!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mother, but I'm glad she is no longer suffering.

I'm looking forward to hearing some Gus and Coco stories:)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Kentuckienne! The Tuckster! Kenni-oh!
I have missed you! And I have been in absentia myself, on and off, muddling my way back into the flow.
WONDERFUL to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Reactions