I would like to make a suggestion aabout the classifieds

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
I hate rules, but sometimes they are needed. I would like to suggest that there is a minimum post count before someone is allowed to post on the classifieds section. I hate to see folks who contribute NOTHING to the forums except posting on the classifieds. A well rounded number of posts could be 25 posts or more in order to post to the classifieds.

It seems there are more posts on the classifieds from people who just joined to post a for sale item, but no other contributions. I think it would eliminate a lot of bird flippers, who are just looking to make a buck off of this site.

OK, let the bashing begin, but it won't change my opinion. This is just one persons opinion and suggestion and may not be the opinions of the majority.

Sabbath

Apr 26, 2011
Media
I agree, it'll reduce the bird flippers as you said and the inital 25 or so post(if they go that far) can give us a idea of what they intend to do with their birds.

Chris Winkler

Oct 8, 2010
Media
NW Pennsylvania
Parrots
Echo TAG,
Kodak Wt Face Tiel &
Tobi Male Ekkie
I agree! I also am so tired of people posting wanting a free bird. As if us bird parronts would just give away a family member..

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I think you have a very good idea here. Please send a PM to adm. so we can be sure it is noted. (4Nines).

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I agree that it's a great idea! I'm thinking though that people would get around it by just putting their for sale ad in a different section. :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts