Illegal Pet Trade

AussieChris

Sep 6, 2013
ACT Australia
Parrots
Galah
Hello,

A rich man can get what he wants. How many stolen Paintings and Gems do you think are in a rich persons home ? Even rare cars. Pets are much the same in that regard. This is the reason I would like to see Government run breeding programs. It can make money as well as create Jobs and protect the Animals. If you have a rainforest, you can woodchip it and make some money once. If you protect and manage it you charge people to look forever. ( This is an example, not quite literal ) If Parrots and other animals are bred, they can be sold for export with little mortality, and the price will be cheaper than from smugglers. Put them out of business. Win win as I see it. And having animals all over the world will ensure surival of a species in event of a natural disaster. I know I have said this before, but I cant understand why this doesn't happen.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Here in America, most people want the government out of their lives... they don't want the government or any higher ups deciding what they can or can't do with their lives... be it kids or pets.

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Here in America, most people want the government out of their lives... they don't want the government or any higher ups deciding what they can or can't do with their lives... be it kids or pets.
True, but if you wanted to get to the point average Americans see we are in debt and even lose faith in the Government. Can the government give money? Can law maker and people that maintain law work on trying to put a stop to the illegal pet trade? Yes, but the thing is a good breeding program has to be ran by people that know what they are doing and also have people that know what they are doing working there. No one that does not work at schools, the health field etc will know precisely how to operate such places.

Most Reactions

Latest posts