I'm just going to call this "chirp"

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
So my budgies, and Quaker and Conures chirp and I "chirp" back in English.

My GCC Kent is trying to learn human.....

So instead of chirping.....My GCC has learned "chirp"....not actually conure chirping but saying the English word "chirp"....

Trying to teach "I love you" and "come on" now but ....sigh he's really into "chirp". It's ridiculous he's saying in English a bird's call.

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
It's not awesome!!! he learned a word he's not supposed to learn and now all I hear is "chirp" "chirp" "chirp" instead of chirpy chirp chirpderp as he should be saying.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I think it's awesomely clever and hilarious 🤪

but maybe not all day every day 🤔

At least he's not saying "burp"?

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I have a budgie chirping in Bourke language, so why not a conure chirping in human language? 😅;)
I don't see anything wrong unless he stopped using his language (my conure likes mixing both languages)

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
I just wanted first word to be something less silly!

lgallagher

Oct 16, 2022
Media
Parrots
Conure: Edward Van Halen (Hatched 03.2022)
So my budgies, and Quaker and Conures chirp and I "chirp" back in English.

My GCC Kent is trying to learn human.....

So instead of chirping.....My GCC has learned "chirp"....not actually conure chirping but saying the English word "chirp"....

Trying to teach "I love you" and "come on" now but ....sigh he's really into "chirp". It's ridiculous he's saying in English a bird's call.
How long does it take for them to learn to repeat English?

OP
clark_conure

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
looks like about 6 months.....Kent is changing his words a bit already....not there yet, but trying new things out and the other birds are learning from him.

EDIT 6 months from after weened or so. so a little more that what I said by a few months.

Most Reactions