I'm just going to throw this out there....

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
There's and old trope with parents.....boys are easier....

With parrots, GIRLS are easier. My boys can't sit still! Yes they are young, but they constantly have to get into everything!!!!!

They can't even sit on my shoulder without deciding hmmmmmm an ear lets taste it. A cut on his arm, lets make it bleed again (little vampires), look there's a potentially dangerous item, lets grab it. Look a cell phone lets eat it.

Girl parrots, much more easier to just sit and be good birds.

Feel free to disagree.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
There's and old trope with parents.....boys are easier....

With parrots, GIRLS are easier. My boys can't sit still! Yes they are young, but they constantly have to get into everything!!!!!

They can't even sit on my shoulder without deciding hmmmmmm an ear lets taste it. A cut on his arm, lets make it bleed again (little vampires), look there's a potentially dangerous item, lets grab it. Look a cell phone lets eat it.

Girl parrots, much more easier to just sit and be good birds.

Feel free to disagree.
Girl budgies are ridiculously territorial though

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
..... or a purple-crowned lorikeet hen ..... although to be fair, not many have!

Last edited:

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I really think it depends on the individual bird not the gender.

My yellow nape male is very laid back and will sit and nap with me.
My male Green cheek amazon is the opposite.
is so playful he’s always in motion.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
A friend of mine has two female budgies who tear their cages apart and terrorize each other and their human companions constantly. I have a male Quaker parrot who behaves like a well-bred gentleman (most of the time). Maybe they're the exceptions that prove the rule. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts