birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
So when Sidney was a baby he would grab a hold of my finger with his beak and make his whole body shake - I thought this was because he was used to associating fingers with being hand fed.
Well he hasn't done it in awhil then last night he started doing it again.
SO I'm confused..... he's too old to be hand fed, but too young to be exhibiting the reguritation/sexual behavior.
ANy ideas?

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
Kelli, Mojo exhibits baby-birdie behavior when he is feeling any number of things: particularly unsure, particularly fond, exhorbitantly (gushingly) loving. What was the context of this happening?

POST NOTE EDIT: and yes, that is very interesting behavior! :)

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Every now and then Kito will still do this, especially when he's feeling in a baby kinda mood, clingy playfull and specially when he wants extra cuddle time. :D

Is Sidney doing this at any particular time of day?

or is it at random times?

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
So most of you know I live in rather small city and a couple of nights a week we go to the larger city for shopping and recreation and stuff. When I get home the first thing I do is let everyone out of their cages, then I sit down with him and we play with his jingly ball and cuddle and eat pecans and get scratches it is about 30 minutes that is totally devoted to be doing nothing but giving him one on one attention - we also practice sounds and mimicking during this time. So we play about 30 minutes before my shower in the evening during the day when he is out it is mostly on his play gym while I am working.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Hamlet does this as well ... he still bobs like a baby bird .... and he's almost a yeah (*GASP*) old ... he has even started to grab Mac's beak and try to regurgetate for him as well .... it's really weird ... baby bird, momma bird syndrome ...

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
If I don't 'say' this it will make me giggle for hours and I need to sleep soon ....

"Who's yer daddy!"

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
When I get home the first thing I do is let everyone out of their cages, then I sit down with him and we play with his jingly ball and cuddle and eat pecans and get scratches it is about 30 minutes that is totally devoted to be doing nothing but giving him one on one attention - we also practice sounds and mimicking during this time.

Is this when he is grabing finger?

Could be he's just pleased to see his Mama, and knows that this is their time completely

OP
birdcrazy

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
yeah and sometimes he reguritates a very small about of clearish liquid.

Most Reactions