Is my conure sick?

Peehu

Feb 20, 2023
Parrots
Pinapple green cheek conure named Peehu
Hi everyone
I am a new bird owner. Her name is Peehu and she is a adorable 5 month old Pinapple GCC.

I got her last month and i have been learning alot about her. I have been giving her a mix of fruits / veggies and tops pellets.

i took her to the vet a few days ago just for a routine check up and they said she is very healthy n well behaved.

However today she started pooping watery poops and also puked water on me when i grabbed her.

I have been told she will poop watery poops if she has too much fruit/watery veggies . She loves green apples and thats what she had today with pellets. She also keeps sucking my teeshirts and hair . Im wondering is she sick? Does she need a vet again?

Attachments

• 56DC9973-549B-484A-8537-E30D0A8DD7BB.jpeg
    56DC9973-549B-484A-8537-E30D0A8DD7BB.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 33

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hi everyone
I am a new bird owner. Her name is Peehu and she is a adorable 5 month old Pinapple GCC.

I got her last month and i have been learning alot about her. I have been giving her a mix of fruits / veggies and tops pellets.

i took her to the vet a few days ago just for a routine check up and they said she is very healthy n well behaved.

However today she started pooping watery poops and also puked water on me when i grabbed her.

I have been told she will poop watery poops if she has too much fruit/watery veggies . She loves green apples and thats what she had today with pellets. She also keeps sucking my teeshirts and hair . Im wondering is she sick? Does she need a vet again?
Having more watery poop after wet foods is normal, also depends on the veg or fruit given. Their poop can also change color when given bright wet foods like beets or red dragonfruit, but it would only affect 2-3 poops I’d say. Or this is what I’ve observed.
Do you mean she’s preening your hair and shirt? My conure Tom loves preening my hair and playing with the material of my shirt.

She puked water? Just clear water came out? Could she have had a gulp up water in her beak when you picked her up?

OP
P

Peehu

Feb 20, 2023
Parrots
Pinapple green cheek conure named Peehu
Thank you ❤️ the vet said she just had been eating too many fruits

Most Reactions

Latest posts