is this a scam?

No i don't think so, if it where me i'd fly down and see them.(only 2 1/2 hr drive for me).I'd think you could put a pair of suns in carry on and save on shipping.

theres no way i could fly over there and also how do i pay the person? this my first time sorry i dont know much about this stuff

I'm guessing you are a young person. However, young people fly all the time, although your parents may not want you to. I'd guess you would have to discuss it with them. You might be surprised how cheap it is to fly to Florida once the holidays are over. My parents regularly fry between Florida and Detroit for about $100 round trip each. That would be about the cost of shipping for one bird plus the cost of the carrier. Can they ship 2 in the same carrier?

I would want to pay through Paypal if it was me. If they want a wire transfer, beware, that is a scam. At least with Paypal you would have some security. I don't know if you need to be 18 to open a Paypal account, but you do need a checking account to do it. Perhaps your parents could pay for you though.

Yeah they can ship 2 birds in one carrier,the best way really if they are a bonded pair, less stress.I would check on flights and price. Old enough to rent a car? Maybe a parent could go with you ? 1st i'd contact seller and see what vibes you get. Also find out who they are, i might know them or find info on them for you.

I have to admit I probably wouldn't want my kid flying to meet some stranger either. Can't blame them there. Too many nuts out there these days! I'd probably go instead and get the birds, but I also understand if your parents aren't interested in doing it for you, or don't have the time.

As I suggested in your other thread, I would want to talk to him on the phone. A good breeder will talk to you and answer your questions. He may want to ask you questions as well to make sure you will be a good owner. Plus you need to know things like, are they proven? How many clutches have they had? What food are they eating? Bear in mind some birds won't immediately eat strange food. It's usually a good idea to start them with what they are used to before gradually introducing a new food.

I've had Pete for several weeks and am still working on the pellet conversion and eating healthy human foods. He lived off seed, lasagna and mashed potatoes for 28 years, the poor guy. I was advised not to make any drastic changes to his food for a month. I began giving him veggies on day one though. But, it's only been the last week or so that I've been reducing his seed and adding more pellets. I expect to spend at least another week before he's on full pellets. And it's only been this week that he's been getting excited about getting his veggies and other healthy human foods. Now he makes a beeline for the food dish when he sees me coming with them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back