Is this heater safe?

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Hi guys,

I just wanted to double check on this. Is this heater safe? I’m moving and need a heater, and this is an awesome deal. From what I understand infrared quartz is fine. Going to call the vet Monday too.
657FF499-E4C5-4FB2-B3B1-F6F301462FBD.png

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Very poor choice as good personal heaters start at 100 USD and go up.
Look for an oil-filled, radiator style heaters as they are much safer and really work.

OP
Vilatus

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
Look for an oil-filled, radiator style heaters as they are much safer and really work.
I actually found out this one is sold out right after I posted. 😅 I have an older one that cost a couple hundred dollars at the time, same thing, infared quartz.

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
Newer oil-filled, electric space heaters tend to have significantly less oil than older ones. I suppose that makes them cheaper to product and a lot cheaper to ship (all the way from China). The oil serves as thermal mass, so they are still giving off heat when their thermostat turns them off. You get less temperature fluctuation with them, and they are not blowing dust and dander all over your house.

[Edit] Note: they do get pretty hot to the touch, even if they have a built-in shroud. @SailBoat, do you do anything to prevent or dissuade parrots from landing on them?

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts