Is this play or do I need to stop this!?

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
So the last couple of days albie has been being really cute and super snuggly (no more nasty hard bites, I'm getting much better at reading him!)

But today and yesterday, he's started rolling over on to his back in the crook of my arm , chipping loudishly, grabbing my finger with a very firm grip and nibbles them, then pushes his head against my fingers for scritches but if I move my fingers, he nibbles again. . It doesn't hurt. Before he does the roll over he lifts his wings like he's streaching and then flops over on to his back.

Is this normal play? I personally find it super cute, but if its a behaviour that isn't supposed to be encouraged, I need to stop it.

Albie said to say hi to every one and that he's having fun running and flying off with my hubbys ring.

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Mid Glamorgan,South Wales,UK
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
It seems to be fairly normal Stitch, Connie gets really silly when shes playing in my hands and on my lap,little bites(not hard) smoothing her head,like a cat, loves for me to make a hand tunnel,which she go in then turns on her back. Some really stupid play goes on.
I think this is why they can be referred to as "silly tame" when advertised for sale.

Shes in disgrace at the moment as I had covered my earrings over with a scarf,and she was furious because she couldnt get to them (broken 2 already) she gave me a real hard bite,so I picked her off my shoulder,told her a firm NO! and plonked her in her house. If I put her on a chair back,she just flies back onto me! Kids........!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My Lilly is, unfortunately, a rampant little egg-layer so I need to be EXTREMELY careful with how and where I skritch her, lest I whip her up into a bitey hormonal frenzy! Albie is not of that age yet but you should avoid scratching or tickling him under the wing and stick only to his head and neck in order to prevent any bad habits from forming. If he’s lying on his back at the time I think that’s fine, I seem to be able to get away with that with Lilly without her getting all bent outta shape!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I've old any who visit, remove your earrings or Albie will remove them haha,

Aslong as it's normal that's great., I'm still in awe at how quickly he's, settled in with us, it's only been 2 and a half weeks!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
My Lilly is, unfortunately, a rampant little egg-layer so I need to be EXTREMELY careful with how and where I skritch her, lest I whip her up into a bitey hormonal frenzy! Albie is not of that age yet but you should avoid scratching or tickling him under the wing and stick only to his head and neck in order to prevent any bad habits from forming. If he’s lying on his back at the time I think that’s fine, I seem to be able to get away with that with Lilly without her getting all bent outta shape!

Don't worry, we have a strict only scritch head and neck rule. Telling my mother In law and sister the reason why was super funny!

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
Can anyone tell me how I post a thumbnail pic on a thread?
I press the" mountain"icon and up comes "what is your http:// " What does that mean?
Ive got a Kindle Fire 10. Helllp!!
Ive had no response from admin.

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
The way I do it is to go i to advanced, and then in the attach files click on the manage files button and then pick your photo x

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
How Farr do you get be for eyiu get confused x

Cagzo

Jan 14, 2020
Media
Parrots
One Pineapple Conure.
Hatched late 2018.
It asks for my email,then I press the attached icon (staple) I looked on google for which icons mean manage. it then says choose your pic,but nothing happens.

Now got as far as downloading file,which it does,but thats all....no pic!

Last edited:
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Hmmm can you pm me your email address and I'll video how I do it for you and send it.

Most Reactions