It's been a while

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
Hi Folks, hope you all are doing well. I've been distracted with other things, sorry We are all doing well though I've not taken any photo's of her in a while.

With my new pup we went through a period where all my attention was on the dog and even though Nike got a new day cage in the living room, her routine was change and she was no longer left out all day. After a few months of this she got quite angry with me, becoming untrustworthy and even drawing blood. This behavior went on for about a month before I decided to make a concerted effort to get her back to normal.

That process of gaining her trust along with more supervised time out took another month or two but I'm happy to say that we're back to normal now.
I hope to be participating again.

Attachments

• 20221206_111540.jpg
    20221206_111540.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 49

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Happy that she is in the process of forgiving you for your serious transgressions.
Our Julio's work around for extended cage time is to simply disassembling the cage!! I must admit that it works and that you are fortunate enough that Nike does not have Julio's email address.

Thanks for the Nike Fix photo as you are correct, it has been awhile. I had guessed that you had disappeared into the backcountry never to be seen again.

All is well on our side as well, good friend!!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Nike is beautiful! Leave her offerings and maybe she will forgive you, if you look sorry enough.

Dog : parrot = no comparison. Abase yourself before her cage, confess your betrayal of the True Bird and be absolved.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Sorry Bill, in the dog vs parrot equation parrot always outweighs, for me at least. Nice to learn you have gained Nike's trust back. Some parrots dont forgive so easily.

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
I would have never thought she could be so vindictive since our bond was one of total trust. but she was. And only to me, she maintained here bond with my wife which was never as strong. We're back to being friends again.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I would have never thought she could be so vindictive since our bond was one of total trust. but she was. And only to me, she maintained here bond with my wife which was never as strong. We're back to being friends again.
My Lucy loved me like that, but once she was mad she was mad. Punishment bites ensued.

Sorry. I think she will get over it once she thinks you’ve paid enough.

Most Reactions

Latest posts