It's been too long!

Starwing

Jul 17, 2014
The Netherlands
Parrots
Kobus the Blue Fronted Amazon
Hey guys, it's been way too long since I visited the forums.

Ever since our Kobus was tested positively for PBFD January this year, we needed some time to realize the implications of this and where it leaves us, so I've been a little detached for a while, and refrained from keeping you guys posted about Kobus.

Fact of the matter is, Kobus is actually doing great, he's still happy, has learned a ton of stuff (not all of which beneficial to us, but more on that in a bit... :54:) and his feathers are all in mostly good condition, but here and there there seem to be weird little feathers (especially on his head, belly and back) that stick out and refuse to stay put where Kobus groomed them. We've gotten used to call those weird little feathers "floofies".

Everytime Kobus enters a moult, I automatically get worried and anxious to find out how the new feathers will turn out, but other than that we worry a lot less than we used to. Other than the occasional itch, Kobus seems to be doing just fine. We still try to feed him as good a diet as we can, but as some of you may understand, it's gotten harder for us to not spoil him a little bit every now and again, so come breakfast, he'll hop on our laps and practically try to get in a bite or two at our sammiches. I must say I could care less although this would be one of those ill-advised things that you probably shouldn't teach your parrot :09:

We have taken it upon ourselves to shower Kobus more regularly, especially since he does seem to be itchy somewhat more than he used to, but all in all I'm happy to say that Kobus is still doing great, and we are doing a lot better than past January ourselves and all in all I want to resume contributing to this great community that has definitely had it's role in the way that we've been able to , and continue to , deal with this.

Expect some photo's of Kobus to come soon!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thank you so much for this wonderful update on your Kobus!!! Nothing wrong with spoiling him. :) Looking forward to the pics.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Welcome back to the forum. Looking forward to your post about him.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
It has been too long! It's great to see you here and to have this positive update. I'm glad Kobus is doing well and being gently spoiled, I don't blame you, I'd do the same.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
I'm happy to hear an update of your sweet boy. I'm glad he's doing so well. Had you thought about having him retested to see if he's still testing positive to the virus? Might be interesting to know.

Most Reactions

Latest posts