It's Begun!!! & I couldn't be happier!!

Tuukee

Dec 16, 2012
Media
Florida
Parrots
Green Quaker Parrot
:green2: So I was wondering when my lil GQuakerP Tuukee was going to begin talking??? Some people said 5mos-2yrs-- He's 5mos goin on 6 on the 27 of this month. He said his first word on 02-01-13!!! He said "G'booyyy"! I was talking to him to get him goin- (my boyfriend talks to him but no response-) he only talks back to me--- Well, he and I were singing a song from the movie 'Rio' and he does his "cage singing" on my shoulder a lot of the time (since we work from home) and he's always within seeing range whether on his play gym or his crib- he practices a lot. He does the car alarm from Rio. And does his kisses all in my ear mind you, but I was getting him going and he said it clear as day in my ear!! I got so excited and so was he!!! We celebrated! My boyfriend missed it but I'm Mommy- and do all the work... So it's fair. :green2:
And he's trying to say his name. He knows that it's Tuukee Tuukee - as in the movie 'George of the Jungle'. Also too he never really wanted to be touched by my hands- always my face and getting millions of billions of kisses- when I'm allowed- but now that some new feathers are growing in... he doesn't mind my hands. Oh and I almost forgot- he already does the regurgitating thing to me. And he found me on 11-9-12! I love this lil guy- Watching him come out of his shell- everyday is a new birdie adventure. :green2:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
That's great. congrats to all of you. he'll be talking up a storm in no time.:D

OP
Tuukee

Tuukee

Dec 16, 2012
Media
Florida
Parrots
Green Quaker Parrot
Oh how I can't wait!!! I'm so ready, I already love all of his squeekity squawks!!!

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i love when they talk! Cooper started talking at around 4 months. now he says stepup, good boy/bird, hello(when u walk in the room), hi cooper, g'night(only when i cover him though), and i think he is starting to learn how to yell OW. every time he bites as he bites he makes a noise and it sounds like ow. lol. well congrats!

OP
Tuukee

Tuukee

Dec 16, 2012
Media
Florida
Parrots
Green Quaker Parrot
thats so cool! i can tell Tuukee is trying to say more and he loves when i talk to him- he celebrates with me when he tries. Tuukee doesn't really bite yet- but he nibbles hard and even when i yell ow! he still keeps picking- and i try telling him no but he either ignores me- or doesn't get it yet. i never really yell at him- so i figure he doesn't know but he should understand the emotion behind it but im still waiting for him to try and mimic the dogs barking. but i really cant wait for all the talking!

Most Reactions