It's time...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
....for the fid's to see Doc Kristin. They both need their nails done and BB need's his sleeves shortened. He thinks he rules the roost and fly's whenever and wherever he pleases! Likes to land on things he knows are off limits. Going to ask the good Doc if she has ever put a harness on a fid,I'd really like to get Beebers in one so next summer he too can go adventuring. I'll bring him to the Doc so I can see first hand how its done. BB is real good about me handling him I can extend his arms without him fighting me and can pretty much do what I want with the little boy. I think he'd groove on a warm sunny summer day and rides in the car as he twittles and chirps and sings in his carrier when we do go some place.

Also, they both have been sneezing :confused: not a lot. BB three times in the last week and Amy did twice in the three hours he was with me. This has been going on for a week and when I called to make an appointment they are sooooo busy I was lucky someone cancelled and go the 29th or it would have been in December. The last two days I haven't heard any sneezes from either of them. I'm wondering if it is too dry in the house now being almost winter and the house being locked up. I'll have to dig up a humidifier and place it between their houses I guess.

Jim

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I tried a harness with Mango and Angel.
They were both had raised and are my most manageable cockatiels.
They were scared of it
I left the harness near there cage for weeks in hopes they would get use to it.
It did no good. to

I think they must see it as a snake and the fear is too much a part of their DNA.
The trouble I had with Bingo was taking the harness off.
He would get very impatient.

Let me know how it goes.

Wes.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Jim, I always recommend you get 1 size larger than the final size you will end up with, because getting that head loop open enough to pop their lil heads in is hard enough to do with the larger one. Makes taking it off easier too, and once the wings are in the side 'loops' the bird ain't going anywhere.

Wish the best for Amy and Beebs at the vet. And I wish you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jim, I hope the vet visit goes well for the Beebs and Amy. I hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

....for the fid's to see Doc Kristin. They both need their nails done and BB need's his sleeves shortened. He thinks he rules the roost and fly's whenever and wherever he pleases! Likes to land on things he knows are off limits. Going to ask the good Doc if she has ever put a harness on a fid,I'd really like to get Beebers in one so next summer he too can go adventuring. I'll bring him to the Doc so I can see first hand how its done. BB is real good about me handling him I can extend his arms without him fighting me and can pretty much do what I want with the little boy. I think he'd groove on a warm sunny summer day and rides in the car as he twittles and chirps and sings in his carrier when we do go some place.

Also, they both have been sneezing :confused: not a lot. BB three times in the last week and Amy did twice in the three hours he was with me. This has been going on for a week and when I called to make an appointment they are sooooo busy I was lucky someone cancelled and go the 29th or it would have been in December. The last two days I haven't heard any sneezes from either of them. I'm wondering if it is too dry in the house now being almost winter and the house being locked up. I'll have to dig up a humidifier and place it between their houses I guess.

Jim
The kid's saw Dr. Kristin this morning and everything is good. Amy got his nails done and BB his nails,sleeves,and a check-up. Amy was going to get his early but the good doc sedates him because of his heart and not to stress him,plus its pricey! So he is due in January.

Their weight is fine, 537g's for the dino and 88 for Beebs. Doc said he looks/feels fine with good muscle mass. Asked about harnessing BB she said just about what people say.some like it others dont and so forth.

So heres a couple pics...

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1302.JPG
    IMG_1302.JPG
    285.3 KB · Views: 92
OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Great visit and report, Jim!! You can breathe easier now!!
Before Beeb's got his sleeves shortened he flew/landed on the tech's shoulder and started to wolf whistle to her..she was in hysteric's lol.

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts