Jade is Talking

Jadesmom

May 11, 2010
Parrots
Brown Headed Parrot, 5 parakeets
I just had to share this with you!!! I am so shocked!!! My 4 month old brown head is talking. Some of it is understandable, some of it is garbled. She's not talking completely clear but it gets better every day and she is saying ALOT! I was under the impression that these guys didn't talk much at all, but Jade has a ton to say. I'm so surprised and happy!!!! :D

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Those cute mumbles and garbles, are just the beginning of a wonderful vocabulary, with no limitations, and endless hours of entertainment.
As you have already noticed, Jade is saying a lot, and believe me, they have a lot to say.
Keep talking .. ALL THE TIME DON'T STOP... whenever at home, even if you are in a different room, taIk to Jade,
THEY HEAR AND ABSORB EVERYTHING
So happy you shared this amazing achievement with us......
Keep up the good work, and keep us updated.

Last edited:

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
I'm so happy for you, congratulations!! Jade is donig great, just keep talking to her. Her words will get clearer and clearer each day, and you will probably hear her practicing quite a bit.

Thanks for sharing, please do keep us updated!

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
When I saw the title of the thread, I thought my husband had ducked out of work and was hope playing with our birds without me.

Congratulations! It's so much fun to hear their words.

OP
Jadesmom

Jadesmom

May 11, 2010
Parrots
Brown Headed Parrot, 5 parakeets
She is trying to say I love you, Pretty girl, good girl, hi jade, hi baby, baby and more, its so awesome =)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
She is trying to say I love you, Pretty girl, good girl, hi jade, hi baby, baby and more, its so awesome =)

That is awesome, I know the feeling....... :D

Follow her progress daily ::::::::::::

Leave a recorder on, or your cell recording her, when you leave the room.
There will be words she is saying that you are totally unaware of.
I talk to Mishka all the time, listening to the recordings, I pick up words, she has learnt and work from there.
Enjoy, it's a beautiful experience. ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts