Jealous Sun Conure

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure: Sir H. H. Gregg Q. T. Birb, III
Lol actually his precious owners named him that exactly lmao at this time Marty is terrified of any toys I caught him playing with JJ’s toys so maybe that will change
I wonder if you can do what I had to do with the Sir: I left some of his favorite food and seeds on/near them until he felt safe enough to eat near/from them. But only like 1 or 2 of the toys at a time because he gets overwhelmed. He'll either just hide in the corner if there's too many out or try to fly off. As seen here lol He'd rather go without water and investigate the same piece of towel foe the rest of his life than approach that many. So, we started with just the skateboard and we're working on the bins now
20211115_170108.jpg

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
I wonder if you can do what I had to do with the Sir: I left some of his favorite food and seeds on/near them until he felt safe enough to eat near/from them. But only like 1 or 2 of the toys at a time because he gets overwhelmed. He'll either just hide in the corner if there's too many out or try to fly off. As seen here lol He'd rather go without water and investigate the same piece of towel foe the rest of his life than approach that many. So, we started with just the skateboard and we're working on the bins now View attachment 32220
Where did you get all the lil toys

imouse1

Oct 10, 2021
Media
NM
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure: Sir H. H. Gregg Q. T. Birb, III
Where did you get all the lil toys
Literally Amazon lol. I know there are some "bird safe" sellers but, uh, they don't make theirs, they get then from Amazon. They're half the price *at the most* that way, but it's buying in bulk and banking on them liking them. The Sir likes the bamboo fingertips the best, though.

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
Literally Amazon lol. I know there are some "bird safe" sellers but, uh, they don't make theirs, they get then from Amazon. They're half the price *at the most* that way, but it's buying in bulk and banking on them liking them. The Sir likes the bamboo fingertips the best, though.
I got one foe Marty and when I filled it with almond strips he about lost it jumped and landed on floor so I just offered the almonds and he took it from me and then threw it back so I guess no almonds lmao

Tmarshall

Oct 13, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure and parrotlet
Also learnt more of Marty idk what happened in his previous home before he was surrendered but can’t have been good cuz I was sweeping near the cages and omg was he going crazy screaming and running to outside back of cage I quickly put broom down and went for dust broom tho he was stil screaming he was a lil calmer -poor guy I gave lots of kisses and reassured him all is ok so did JJ

Most Reactions

Latest posts