Jess the old gal.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thought it was about time that I got my finger out and posted some pics of the other animals in the household.
Here is Jess, she is an old gal now, 13/14 years young, we rescued her when she was about a year old.

005.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a very rare occasion when she is having a play, then she will lay down and go to sleep for a few hours.

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Another cutie. And by the way, don't think I don't know how spoiled your dogs are......I see those great beds in the backround. So it's not just your birds that have you wrapped, is it? :p ;)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
They have trained me very well, the beds I'm afraid are no longer here, had to put them away as Jess couldn't get out very well as she suffers with her back legs, Couldn't possibly buy one without the other could I :58:

Alison

Jan 19, 2006
Massachusetts
Parrots
B&G Macaw, CAG, Moustache Parrot Quaker, 4 Tiels, 2 Keets
Jess couldn't get out very well as she suffers with her back legs

Sorry to hear that. That's the worst part about having animals, they get old too fast and it's heartbreaking to watch as their bodies start to deteriorate.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thats the truth, We take her for a quick check over every 6 months or so now, and she's doing real good, apart from the fact that she won't go for walks anymore as her legs really stiffen up then she can't even lay down. Poor old gal, but she's really happy in herself and as long as she can set the pace she's fine, so that's what we do. She lets me know when she wants to go for a walk, and she lets me know when she's had enough.

Most Reactions