Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Awww Dave, watching him crawl up your leg and work so hard to get to you was priceless. Those songs will not be far behind this I bet!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Hi David :)

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I suspect I'm a ways off yet from my parrot trusting me enough to be on me, and it's very encouraging to read about your progress. I hope your week is going well and that your physical recovery and your heart are doing ok too ❤️

OP
JimsBrother

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
I let the little guy out of his cage today, for most of the day. He flew to me and did some of his happy songs on my shoulder. He got on my hand and gave me kisses...

He also rubbed his little wanger on my hand (gross) which always drove brother Jim nuts. The hard part about letting him out of his cage is getting him back in - can't catch him from a wheelchair.

Dave

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I let the little guy out of his cage today, for most of the day. He flew to me and did some of his happy songs on my shoulder. He got on my hand and gave me kisses...

He also rubbed his little wanger on my hand (gross) which always drove brother Jim nuts. The hard part about letting him out of his cage is getting him back in - can't catch him from a wheelchair.

Dave
Awww he's SO HAPPY!!! 😍 and has clearly figured out you can't catch him, the little smarty-pants !

i shouldnt laugh at his other "affections" toward you! My son/his girlfriend's cockatiel gets very frisky this time of year and will bite my son's toes 😂 so I can at least sympathize with the crazy hormone times!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
That’s so cute! Except maybe for the horny bird bit, that’s hilarious. I had the worst time getting our cockatiel back in his cage too - I found putting his favorite treat in usually worked!

OP
JimsBrother

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
That’s so cute! Except maybe for the horny bird bit, that’s hilarious. I had the worst time getting our cockatiel back in his cage too - I found putting his favorite treat in usually worked!
God must love Cockatiels - He gave them incredibly powerful wings. If he doesn't wanna be caught, you're not gonna catch him.

Maybe some millet could bait him. Good idea.

Dave

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi David,

How is Phys Therapy coming along? I hit the therapy hard when I had my pentuple (5 way) heart by-pass; if they wanted 10 pushups, I would give them 20! It got me out of rehab weeks early. PLease let me know if you need help, support - anything!

OP
JimsBrother

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
How is Phys Therapy coming along?
I got out of rehab a week early because I had progressed so quickly in meeting their criteria for "self dependency". Today I'm going for a fitting on a prostheses. Next will be PT for learning how to walk again. Everything is looking up!

Thanks for the support.

Dave

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
God must love Cockatiels - He gave them incredibly powerful wings. If he doesn't wanna be caught, you're not gonna catch him.

Maybe some millet could bait him. Good idea.

Dave
Millet was the only thing that worked for ours! Good luck! If you limit his millet to when it’s time to go back in his cage it should work like a charm. They love that stuff.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Bonding continues...

The Beebs isn't my brother's parrot any more. He's my bird now.

So cute to see he's getting along just fine!
I got out of rehab a week early because I had progressed so quickly in meeting their criteria for "self dependency". Today I'm going for a fitting on a prostheses. Next will be PT for learning how to walk again. Everything is looking up!

Thanks for the support.

Dave
I hope for a speedy recovery for you! :)

Most Reactions